Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom zyxel D1000 with Cisco RV220W

Options
  • 15-07-2014 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hey there
    I have recently inherited a network from a colleague, and we have also just changed over to the Eircom zyxel D1000 router. I have successfully been running our VPN through the cisco router, but since changing over to the D1000, the VPN has not worked? Has anyone else had this issue, and how did you resolve it?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Bridge it! Why would you drop a good corporate unit for a basic ISP provided one?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 tuxx

Hey Ed, thanks for the reply.
    I have tried setting the eircom router to bridge, and then configuring the cisco router to the static IP supplied by Eircom, but the subnet mask of 255.255.255.255 that is in the eircom settings wont be accepted by the cisco router.
    Also, I might have pressed the re set button and 'cleared' the cisco router, sorry.....
    Is there somewhere that tells me what settings I should have for the eircom router and the cisco router? I have tried 'tech support' from eircom, and they are as helpfull as a chocolate fireguard, and cisco support is pay-per-view........

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

homer_doh.png

You should have backed up the config to your PC before wiping it. Was the cisco hosting a VPN endpoint or just allowing a passthrough.

For bridging you dont want to program the IP in, that wont work.
    Reset D1000
    Login, turn off wifi, set it to bridge, put to the side.
    Configure cisco to do PPPoE:
    Username:eircom@eircom.net
    Password:broadband1
    MTU: 1492
    The connect the cisco to one of the ports on the d1000 and tell it to restart. When it comes back up it should lease your static IP from the BRAS and off you go.

Then you have to learn how to/get somebody to configure the cisco for your needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 tuxx

Thank you Ed E, its all working, and I have worked out the wireless again!!
    Now I am going to try and crack VPNs!! Wish me luck!

Thanks again, you're tops!!

Advertisement