Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE's Election coverage

Options
  • 15-05-2007 10:18pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering what you think of RTE's coverage of the run up to the election? I think its been excellent. In fact it could be argued its so good its actually over the top. I can watch all the debates and programs on their election website live or repeats. I have to say fair play. I dont know but this must be the first time I can say I think RTE has been transformed into a highly respectable TV channel up there with the BBC etc. I use to hate RTE because it was so bad just a couple of years ago but they have really upped their act. Credit where credit is due..........fair play:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭hot fuss

I have heard the opinion a few times that it is over the top. That's a better complaint than there not being enought though. I agree that the online content is really good and it is great to be able to dip in and out of different debates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Milktrolley

One concern that I had would be that the election coverage would be at the expense of other regular news. But to their credit, through Campaign Daily and the extra Prime Time programmes, they're managing well.

Best of all is the website though. The relaunch has served them well and it's becoming incorporated well into RTÉ's overall coverage. For instance, today's 'Rumble in Ranelagh' will be available on the site and has been plugged on Six-One.

If only they could get the Nuacht links sorted out. It's been neglected for months. Definitely needs to be seen to. But overall, fair fecks.

Advertisement