Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

home oil heating

• 15-10-2013 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hello
    Just wondering can anyone help me I need to get oil for my oil tank just wondering does anyone know of oil company's in east cork that will leave you pay for the amount of oil you get off weekly or that?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

You can buy heating oil from the pumps in your local petrol station.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 marz87

Oh really and would they have it in the likes of topaz garage like its my first time with oil. And been a woman I wouldnt have a clue. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭lostboy75

the garage i use charged for the drums the first time, after that its just like putting fuel in the car. my place is not a Topaz, but have a look around and you will find one. not sure if there is a site listing who does and who doesnt?

one of the problems can be getting the fuel into the oil tank. the drums are heavy when full. and you will have to use a funnel (well i had to, access to the tank somewhat restricted) its not too easy for one to do it. i tend to put the drum on the oil tanks and use a syphon to half empty the drum, then just pour the rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

lostboy75 wrote: »
    the garage i use charged for the drums the first time, after that its just like putting fuel in the car. my place is not a Topaz, but have a look around and you will find one. not sure if there is a site listing who does and who doesnt?

one of the problems can be getting the fuel into the oil tank. the drums are heavy when full. and you will have to use a funnel (well i had to, access to the tank somewhat restricted) its not too easy for one to do it. i tend to put the drum on the oil tanks and use a syphon to half empty the drum, then just pour the rest.

Best funnel for that is a traffic cone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

marz87 wrote: »
    Oh really and would they have it in the likes of topaz garage like its my first time with oil. And been a woman I wouldnt have a clue. Thanks

If your new to oil and being a woman ;) the important thing with what your planning on doing is being very very sure you dont run out, if you do the burner will airlock and you'll be back here, or at worse you'll need an engineer to sort it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

marz87 wrote: »
    Hello
    Just wondering can anyone help me I need to get oil for my oil tank just wondering does anyone know of oil company's in east cork that will leave you pay for the amount of oil you get off weekly or that?

Lee Oil cover east cork and do budget payment plan's.
    But not to sure if they want first payment up front for new customers, but give them a call.

East Cork oil don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 marz87

U might just keep ur smart comments to your self if u dnt mind pls. I am looking on here for help not smart comments. Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Post deleted & warning for Curlysue76.
    Those comments are not wanted or accepted here. If you want to post unhelpful junk like that head over to AH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,577 ✭✭✭Markcheese

They Definitly have a kerosene pump at the pier service station at aghada ... Probably works out a good bit dearer than getting a large amount but at least you can budget ...
    Couple of things, find out do you need home heating diesel or kerosene... Because the burner would be set differently...,
    Also find out when the boiler was last serviced ,cos if it badly needs servicing you could be burning fuel as fast as your pouring it ...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

Advertisement