Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil Stove

Options
  • 11-10-2013 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi,

I am looking to fit an oil stove in a two storey house. The stove will be used to heat an open plan room, no back boiler required.

The problem is that there is no chimney near where i wish to position stove.

I have a done research but cannot find an oil stove with balanced flu, does such a thing exist?

Also if i have to use a flu, how high above the roof must it go and does it have to be single or double skinned.

Thanks in advance for any info :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,481 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Suggest you post in one of these forums - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=875

• Registered Users Posts: 27 panoodles

Is there a way a can move it so it deletes the original. Thought I posted it in a general area!
    The Cush wrote: »
    Suggest you post in one of these forums - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=875

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Moved to Home Applicances

Is there a way a can move it so it deletes the original. Thought I posted it in a general area!
    The Cush wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

icdg wrote: »
    Moved to Home Applicances

Would have been better in plumbing and heating, there is a dedicated "stove" thread there.

• Advertisement

OK Moved to plumbing and heating.

Thanks guys.

Any one have any help on the oil stove topic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

Not available as they are a natural draught appliance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kylersmyth

Your only option is to install a twin wall flue system in this situation,
    meaning a flue running from the stove and clearing the required height over the house,
    A very successful operation when installed correctly with the right product!

Kylersmyth wrote: »
    Your only option is to install a twin wall flue system in this situation,
    meaning a flue running from the stove and clearing the required height over the house,
    A very successful operation when installed correctly with the right product!

If the flue was put directly outside from the stove, would it all still need to be a double skinned flue?

• Advertisement
Advertisement