Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed please does this work look ok?

Options
  • 14-10-2013 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭

I'm getting a new boiler, heating controls and now the plumber has said that my hot water tank is corroded so he will bring a tank tomorrow. Meanwhile im left with no hot water and no gas for cooking or heating.

He has put new pipes in the hotpress they stick out of the floor and look in the way. The white wire looks a bit dodgy as well.

But I'm no plumber so I thought I'd post a picture here to see if anyone can tell me if this looks right?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

looks ok, early days i would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭esox28

depends on what tank/ cylinder is going back, a standard ish tank would be an insulated 36"x18" which you would need a min of 23" clear floor space for the cylinder to be sited on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

millie35 wrote: »
    I'm getting a new boiler, heating controls and now the plumber has said that my hot water tank is corroded so he will bring a tank tomorrow. Meanwhile im left with no hot water and no gas for cooking or heating.

He has put new pipes in the hotpress they stick out of the floor and look in the way. The white wire looks a bit dodgy as well.

But I'm no plumber so I thought I'd post a picture here to see if anyone can tell me if this looks right?

Wait till you see the finished product. If it looks sloppy then say it.
    But wait as its like a beautiful painting that's not finished yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭millie35

Thanks for your replies, I feel reassured.

He's not the best communicator, he left without telling me there was no hot water or gas. He also said he was going to run gas pipes under the floorboards of a cupboard and then proceeded to put them along the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭esox28

why did you give the job to this guy, you seem to be having second taughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭millie35

I didn't really give him the job Electric Ireland did. they gave me a quote and I thought it sounded ok and they were a name i was familiar with so i went ahead. This guy has had a charisma bypass but if his work is okay then I don't really care.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭rightjob!

wait untill the job is finished to see what your happpy with,as for the gas pipe run ask him why its not ran the other way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

millie35 wrote: »
    Thanks for your replies, I feel reassured.

He's not the best communicator, he left without telling me there was no hot water or gas. He also said he was going to run gas pipes under the floorboards of a cupboard and then proceeded to put them along the wall.
    Your statment says it all. !!!

Advertisement