Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

24-08-2012, 01:33   #106
sugarman

Brilliant gig, but sitting took away from it..

Everyone was dry ****es just sitting there arms folded! Towards the end everyone got into & were almost all standing.. security couldnt do a thing... nor did they care at that point.

Couple behind me where going ape **** at me to sit down... when everyone infront of ME was standing in my way anyways... seriously?

No complaints tho, decent set, tho nothing from Rubber factory.

Sound was abit quite too, no? Only me?
Advertisement
24-08-2012, 01:35   #107
Chavways

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarman View Post
Brilliant gig, but sitting took away from it..

Everyone was dry ****es just sitting there arms folded! Towards the end everyone got into & were almost all standing.. security couldnt do a thing... nor did they care at that point.

Couple behind me where going ape **** at me to sit down... when everyone infront of ME was standing in my way anyways... seriously?

No complaints tho, decent set, tho nothing from Rubber factory.

Sound was abit quite too, no? Only me?
I thought they were nowhere near as loud as Band of Skulls anyway.
24-08-2012, 01:47   #108
NoQuarter

Great gig, I thouroughly enjoyed it, I was close enough standing, I kept thinking to myself, "I could definitely hit him with a rock from here, Im that close" ahha!

Didnt notice it being quiet but I did notice band of sculls were quiet when I walked in first so maybe the sound just didnt spread so well?

I thought it was great that even though it was the o2, it still felt intimate!

Highlights for me were little black submarines (just casually stopping mid song to change guitars, not a care in th world - love it!), everlasting light (the disco ball!), lonely boy (everyone going crazy) and I got mine which was a great closer with the black keys sign dropping and lighting up!

I'd go see them again in an instant.
24-08-2012, 02:24   #109
Neo#

Excellent gig but maybe a bit short. 1hr 25mins maybe. I was hoping theyd have gone on until 11. They played Girl Is On My Mind from Rubber Factory i think.
24-08-2012, 03:27   #110
frantic190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubhthamlacht View Post
I thought The Black Keys were good (third time seeing them) but I honestly thought they played better in Tripod 2 years ago; now that was a fantastic gig. Stand out songs on the night, for me, were Gold on the Ceiling, I Got Mine, Your Touch, Ten Cent Pistol. Bit disappointed nothing from Rubber Factory was played.
Advertisement
24-08-2012, 11:08   #111
flynner87

bit of a long shot but would anybody know even some of the songs in the playlist before the black keys came on?? they sounded excellent, soul music
24-08-2012, 11:29   #112
guerito

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynner87 View Post
bit of a long shot but would anybody know even some of the songs in the playlist before the black keys came on?? they sounded excellent, soul music
Other than the cover of Satisfaction the only one I recognised was Yes We Can by (I think) Lee Dorsey
Thanks from:
24-08-2012, 13:46   #113
frantic190

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynner87 View Post

Pretty sure this was there too, a lot of people were freaked out by it
Thanks from:
24-08-2012, 14:09   #114
handsomecake
Banned

their entrance music is" liquid swords".i think it's one of the wu tang clan but am open to correction. Either way it's some groovy ****
Advertisement
24-08-2012, 14:10   #115
flynner87

ha, don't remember that one, its a bit weird alright!
24-08-2012, 19:03   #116
NoQuarter

Led Zeppelin - Ramble On was the song immediately after the gig IIRC.
25-08-2012, 00:21   #117
LowOdour

My two cents on the gig:

Have to say it was a really superb gig...each song was brilliant. Personal highlights Ten Cent Pistol (especially the final bit of it after lights went down), thickfreakess, Next Girl , LB Submerine, everlasting light and I got mine.

I have never sweated as much at a gig, and has been a while since I let loose at a gig ( with very little booze in me too!). Was a real great gig.

Myself and my buddy were fairly close to the stage, and what suprised us was how static people around us were...alot seem to only know Gold, Submarine and lonely boy. had to laugh at a group of 5 lads who barged throw from nowhere when lonely boy came on, and the once the encore started they just walked back without a peep.

no gripes about the night (Skulls were excellent too). I must apologise to the girl who sat beside me on the bus back to galway...if you reading this, sorry about the smell of, ahem, perspation off me after the gig!!
25-08-2012, 00:35   #118
Chavways

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowOdour View Post

Myself and my buddy were fairly close to the stage, and what suprised us was how static people around us were...alot seem to only know Gold, Submarine and lonely boy. had to laugh at a group of 5 lads who barged throw from nowhere when lonely boy came on, and the once the encore started they just walked back without a peep.
A lot of people would have only heard El Camino or only heard of the Black Keys when Lonely Boy was released, myself included. Haven't stopped listening to their old albums since though so I knew the words of all the old songs aswell. There was still a good atmosphere though even when people didn't know the words.
25-08-2012, 01:00   #119
dryndantheman

I was very near the front and the songs I found everybody went bat **** crazy were,
Lonely Boy
LIttle black Submarines
gold on the ceiling,
thickfreakness
and strangely enough, Same old thing

I thought it was plenty load but then again I was up pretty damn close. Originally I wasn't too close but after lonely boy cam on I was pushed up the very front somehow, no complaints from me but a fight or two broke out annoyingly.

All in all, in the location we were in, best gig I've ever been too. Band of Skulls played brilliantly too. Oh and I love how everyone kept chanting PATRICK, PATRICK.

Did anyone else find security lax? (MY friends and I weren't even searched)

Last edited by dryndantheman; 25-08-2012 at 01:02.
26-08-2012, 22:41   #120
opethf4an

Brilliant GIG. Me and me 6yrs old son were delighted. Also great quality sound and loudness - just as it should b. Pity they didn`t play Stack shot billy, and some stuff of the first album or Chulahoma, but it was big, commercial gig - so i`m not surprised.
Fantastic gig anyway!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion