Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    If they were Whyte's guys do you think the court would have approved it ?

Some Rangers fans also claim that they're in league with Whyte, but I can't see it.

Here we have one of Britain's biggest firms, handling a case where the entire Scottish (and possibly British) media and legal people are watching and they would risk jail time to help Whyte ?
    Are Rangers the big firm you're talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

I was talking about Duff & Phelps, but if you insist :p

I was talking about Duff & Phelps, but if you insist :p
    :) Was just wondering, because if you meant Rangers then I was just going to say it never stopped them before, it was almost as if there never would be any consequences.
    What companies were D&P assigned to before do you know, how did they play out?

You mean as administrators ?
    Not a clue actually.

I just know that they are involved in a huge amount of stuff, ranging from media, real estate, energy and mining, even defense contracts etc.

2py27ms.jpg

• Advertisement

Who wrote that **** ?

What a moron.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Ah, that makes sense then ;)

Remember the outcry over smashed toilets at Celtic Park, by Rangers fans ?

28mplxx.jpg

2v81y7a.jpg

At an U17 game ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Didnt know that seats could spontaneously combust

• Advertisement

Didn't know ceilings could spontaneously fall down ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

28mplxx.jpg

2v81y7a.jpg

At an U17 game ffs.

An insurance job???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

28mplxx.jpg

2v81y7a.jpg

At an U17 game ffs.

oh get over it, there are scumbag idiots in both sets of fans, happens regularly does it not? When i saw the photo i just knew it would have been you posting it. pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

oh get over it, there are scumbag idiots in both sets of fans, happens regularly does it not? When i saw the photo i just knew it would have been you posting it. pathetic.

Wait a wee minute here your one of the more moderate guys on here so this surprises me because we both know if this had been the other way round someone would have taken great delight in posting it and it would have been oh those big bad Rangers fans from a few on here. So its been posted and highlighted we can all move on without the comments. To be fair I would probably have posted them. Yes both sides have scumbags but some don't want to see that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

What sort of idiot intentionally sets seats on fire inside a stadium?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

They didn't - seems a flare got caught under the seat(at least according to a neighbour who was at the game)!

Wait a wee minute here your one of the more moderate guys on here so this surprises me because we both know if this had been the other way round someone would have taken great delight in posting it and it would have been oh those big bad Rangers fans from a few on here. So its been posted and highlighted we can all move on without the comments. To be fair I would probably have posted them. Yes both sides have scumbags but some don't want to see that

And if it was the other way round id have said the same thing to whoever posted it. I havent been afraid to have a go at celtic fans here if i think they are wrong so please, realx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I'd imagine its very difficult since the seat should be made from a fire retardant material

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

As i said at the time some rangers fans wrecked toilets in parkhead (or was it seats) that these idiots are all too common on every side and deserve to be prosecuted.

The title of that Healy article is hilarious by the way, still wouldnt read that muck if i was paid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Madam wrote: »
    They didn't - seems a flare got caught under the seat(at least according to a neighbour who was at the game)!

yeah, i think the game yesterday was used as a bit of a show of strength by the GB and the UB.
    If nothing else, for me, this highlights the dangers of Flares and other such materials at games.

Imagine this had happened at an SPL game between the clubs with the stadium packed to the rafters, and more flammable materials such as flags and banners around?

• Advertisement

Madam wrote: »

I will say that they are still idiots who were breaking the law anyone who takes Flares to a game should be jailed
    That goes for both sides of the divide

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭the realpigiron

I will say that they are still idiots who were breaking the law anyone who takes Flares to a game should be jailed
    That goes for both sides of the divide

You're right anyone who breaks the law should be jailed, or fined in court, depending on the severity of their crimes. A few Rangers administrators should be seeing jail time that's for certain, given the tax laws they have repeatedly broken.

Yes let's see a bit of justice; Rangers administrators jailed and Rangers FC wound up and liquidated. It would be for the best for all concerned with the game in Scotland I reckon. Also it would give genuine Rangers people a newco and club to build, and a chance to start with a clean slate and no baggage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

You're right anyone who breaks the law should be jailed, or fined in court, depending on the severity of their crimes. A few Rangers administrators should be seeing jail time that's for certain, given the tax laws they have repeatedly broken.

Yes let's see a bit of justice; Rangers administrators jailed and Rangers FC wound up and liquidated. It would be for the best for all concerned with the game in Scotland I reckon. Also it would give genuine Rangers people a newco and club to build, and a chance to start with a clean slate and no baggage.

Obsessed much?

I'm not entirely sure what this has to do with setting fire to seats tbh.

Eirebear wrote: »
    Obsessed much?

I'm not entirely sure what this has to do with setting fire to seats tbh.

Oh, just making the point in an ideal world, the ladder of the law should have no top and no bottom. If people are found guilty of setting fire to seats they should face charges, same as tax dodging administrators should also face the rigours of the law.

Tax dodging administrators ?

Is this another 'exclusive' from Alex Thomson ? :pac:

Oh, just making the point in an ideal world, the ladder of the law should have no top and no bottom. If people are found guilty of setting fire to seats they should face charges, same as tax dodging administrators should also face the rigours of the law.

Really what a sad life you must lead to get from flares to Tax dodging admin in one jump is nothing short of spectacular :confused:

Really what a sad life you must lead to get from flares to Tax dodging admin in one jump is nothing short of spectacular :confused:

Well in both cases the law is being broken, although we'd all have our views on which is the more serious misdemeanour. I'm sure you'd be in favour of justice being seen to be done in both cases.

Well in both cases the law is being broken, although we'd all have our views on which is the more serious misdemeanour. I'm sure you'd be in favour of justice being seen to be done in both cases.

Isnt there a thread devoted to the administration issue/ Are you going to bring it up at every bloody opportunity and try to derail every other thread relating to scottish football?

Well in both cases the law is being broken, although we'd all have our views on which is the more serious misdemeanour. I'm sure you'd be in favour of justice being seen to be done in both cases.[/QUOTE

If Rangers are found guilty they will no doubt be punished but this is being discussed in the admin thread so lets leave that there.

Now the flares its luck this did not happen in a packed stadium or we could easily have had another Bradford on our hands but hey thats obviously not important to you. Its pretty clear you don't read post properly or you would see that its been made clear that if it had been on the other foot feelings would be the same. But don't let any of that bother you.

• Advertisement

Isnt there a thread devoted to the administration issue/ Are you going to bring it up at every bloody opportunity and try to derail every other thread relating to scottish football?

Who appointed you judge and jury?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement