Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should Munster Seperate from Ireland?

• 10-06-2009 5:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

Munster is the same size as Holland, so should Munster seperate from Ireland and the E.U?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Please god... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Ihaveanopinion

I think the rest of Ireland should remain as a protectorate to Munster ... :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

Massive engineering project.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

Do you need a hand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

It may have the same geographic area as The Netherlands but in population terms - which would be more important in determining if the new state would be financially viable - it doesn't rate.

Also if this new state was to opt out of the EU there's no way it could hope to prosper - a (primarily) rural, economically deprived, backwater of a nation - 'Ruritania?' :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Ihaveanopinion

Well, on the flip side, there are nearly as many Dutch people in West Cork as in Holland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

This time, this one time, I'll move such a worthy thread to After Hours, where both the useful posters and the seagulls may have at it.

Next time I'll be far less charitable. Far less. Start a thread in Politics and I expect some half-effort at the very least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

It may have the same geographic area as The Netherlands but in population terms - which would be more important in determining if the new state would be financially viable - it doesn't rate.

Also if this new state was to opt out of the EU there's no way it could hope to prosper - a (primarily) rural, economically deprived, backwater of a nation - 'Ruritania?' :D

But they are from Munster - they are better than everyone else!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

not Munster ... just SouthKerry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

Traumadoc wrote: »
    Massive engineering project.

They should wait until Waterford has completed it's landgrab on South Kilkenny then Munster will have an island called Kilmacow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Give us a call back when Dell completely pulls out of Munster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Is this about fucking rugby again? Look lads, nobody cares about your stupid fucking "rivalry." Let it go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭markok84

Is this about fucking rugby again? Look lads, nobody cares about your stupid fucking sport Let it go.

FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Isn't Munster already an independant Republic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Terry.

We should seperate munters from ireland though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

If it means we can build more wind farms in Munster, then yes. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

SouthKerry wrote: »
    Munster is the same size as Holland, so should Munster seperate from Ireland and the E.U?

You haven't really thought this through now have you OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Us munster people rule. Well I do anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Send 'em floating into the atlantic and get it over with, at the very least it would put an end to all of the cork "the real capital" crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,827 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

markok84 wrote: »
    FYP

ledge

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭markok84

Send 'em floating into the atlantic and get it over with, at the very least it would put an end to all of the cork "the real capital" crap.

Munster could also take Leinster's half of New Ross, we don't want it.

ah jeez ya can't cut the legs off the teddy bear.

cork is the real capital

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

Limerick would have to be the capital of the new republic, Cork relies too much on being the second city with a chip on its shoulder that it could never handle the responsibility of being the top dog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,167 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I hope this was not a serious post. I really do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

Everywhere should separate from everywhere else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Terry. wrote: »
    We should seperate munters from ireland though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭markopantelic

WTF, Munster is same size of netherlands? jesus christ, what is the population of munster?

i would like to see 4 different countries form from ireland, or maby 5, dublin would be its own country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

WTF, Munster is same size of netherlands? jesus christ, what is the population of munster?

i would like to see 4 different countries form from ireland, or maby 5, dublin would be its own country.

Hopefully with closed borders

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

Well, on the flip side, there are nearly as many Dutch people in West Cork as in Holland

I always wondered why I couldent understand what they were talking about......double dutch:D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Will we be allowed smoke weed??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

No.........just cork and certain parts of limerick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,128 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Good idea as long as the Healy-Raes move to Dublin - permanently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Will we be allowed smoke weed??

Sign me up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Míshásta

:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

Terry wrote: »
    I hear it's hell.

Well when my family wanted to move out of Leinster, this guy called Oliver showed us two properties one in Hell, the other in Connacht. We chose Connacht.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Oliver showed us two properties one in Hell, the other in Connacht. We chose Connacht.

There was a recent thread called "Were you ever wrong?". You may now post in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

dlofnep wrote: »
    Isn't Munster already an independant Republic?

No that's just Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Eh all of New Ross is in Leinster. As in New Ross is traditionally the dividing line between Wexford and Kilkenny. Go learn some geography.:rolleyes:

Well when my family wanted to move out of Leinster, this guy called Oliver showed us two properties one in Hell, the other in Connacht. We chose Connacht.
    My father was offered large tracts of land if he married my mother.
    He loved her and didn't want anything for marrying her, so he turned down the land.
    It recently sold for over €1,000,000 (not including my mother's family home, which is still on 1/2 an acre in a suburban setting close to Dublin and with planning permission)
    We all make mistakes. I'm still pissed off that I didn't inherit ~2 acres of prime land, but you have to live with the hand you're dealt.
    At least I'm not close to hell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Hopefully with closed borders

Yeah so they would never be allowed to leave and the Dublin accent will never be heard again!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

dan719 wrote: »
    Eh all of New Ross is in Leinster. As in New Ross is traditionally the dividing line between Wexford and Kilkenny. Go learn some geography.:rolleyes:

I'll be under the cold ground before I recognise Kilkenny as Leinster.

Was just an honest mistake on my part. Though I guess with the theme of this thread giving New ross to munster wouldn't be much more outlandish than the original concept :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Should people stop starting stupid threads in AH?

Yes, most definitely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

How about re-naming this, Should Dublin Be Seperate From Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Purple Gorilla

If Dublin was separated from the rest of Ireland, I'd gladly stand at the border and watch everyone's money and wealth literally dissolve in their hands :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,167 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Terry wrote: »
    My father was offered large tracts of land if he married my mother.
    He loved her and didn't want anything for marrying her, so he turned down the land.
    It recently sold for over €1,000,000 (not including my mother's family home, which is still on 1/2 an acre in a suburban setting close to Dublin and with planning permission)
    We all make mistakes. I'm still pissed off that I didn't inherit ~2 acres of prime land, but you have to live with the hand you're dealt.
    At least I'm not close to hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

Should Munster Seperate from Ireland?

I'd suggest learning to spell might be a better use of your time.
    Should Munster Separate from Ireland?

Advertisement