Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best boards thread ever!

• 10-06-2009 11:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭

No not this one, but im glad i have fooled you :D

Link to your fave thread sofar. Im guessing everyone has a fave and we could collect them all in this thread. Like Boards Greatest Hits or something similar

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055454434 (Stingiest Thing Youve Seen Stingy People Do)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

The cats are more important than children thread. I'll see if I can find a link.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

Hasn't happened yet, you will have to wait till I start the best boards thread ever ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

All the ones that were posted during the good spell a fortnight ago.

Maybe it was the weather, or the booze, or possibly an ice-cream headache but all threads seemed great back then :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I liked that one where the OP asked a stupid question, then Javaboy locked it

The one that had me laughing the most was the Jigsaw thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055313183

God fúcking bless that hungover morning in work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

phasers wrote: »
    I liked that one where the OP asked a stupid question, then Javaboy locked it

Can you be more specific? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Any one where the poster is a leaving cert student. Poor Terrys blood pressure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,096 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

The KYN thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

• Advertisement

javaboy wrote: »
    Can you be more specific? :)
    come on, you know the one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

If this thread contained a link to the best and second best threads on boards, then would it not BECOME the best boards thread?
    Since the previous best thread ever AND the previous second best thread could be accessed easily from here.

Pygmalion wrote: »
    If this thread contained a link to the best and second best threads on boards, then would it not BECOME the best boards thread?
    Since the previous best thread ever AND the previous second best thread could be accessed easily from here.
    GTFO and study kid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

R.Rated wrote: »
    This may sound stupid but why the hell you talk about yourself in third person?
    Pighead wrote: »
    Cracking question buddy.
    Pighead has one for you too.
    Why is you're username an anagram of Retard.

This made me laugh harder than anything else I've seen on boards, absolutely brilliant

Ah, there she is, here pussy, pussy, hard to believe it's 2 years.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055086933&highlight=cats

Loved this one in particular:
    No but he threatened Minxy and Snuffles and they are my family.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Hard to pick between the two but must be either when Lenny walked in on his folks or this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I remember one where this fella was telling a story about how he was drinking with his mates in his flat and he headed off to bed. During the night something happened, I can't rightly remember what, either one of his mates got into the bed beside him and interfered with himself or his two (who he'd always believed straight) mates got into the bed beside him and had some sexy time in the bed beside him while the op was pretending he was asleep but was facing the wall afraid to move. Can anyone else remember that one? There were a lot of accusations of him making it up but over all I remember laughing at it, he had a really good way with words. Another one I enjoyed was the laziest thing you've ever done and most embarrassing.

Ann22 wrote: »
    I remember one where this fella was telling a story about how he was drinking with his mates in his flat and he headed off to bed. During the night something happened, I can't rightly remember what, either one of his mates got into the bed beside him and interfered with himself or his two (who he'd always believed straight) mates got into the bed beside him and had some sexy time in the bed beside him while the op was pretending he was asleep but was facing the wall afraid to move. Can anyone else remember that one? There were a lot of accusations of him making it up but over all I remember laughing at it, he had a really good way with words. Another one I enjoyed was the laziest thing you've ever done and most embarrassing.

See my link above ;)

Karsini, you've just posted the link to the story I was on about..Deadly:D.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Karsini, you've just posted the link to the story I was on about..Deadly:D.

Thats why he said see the link above:P

We posted at the same time smarty pants:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

We posted at the same time smarty pants:P

sorry:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

That cat one always stands out for me too. There is another one where some tommy fella asks to be a mod after watching a documentary about bobby kennedy.
    Actually a lot of crazy ones are about people looking for mod status, or complaining about being banned.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

I remember nearly spilling my drink all over my keyboard in work lolling at this (Girl Collapsed on Dart this morning) thread.

Unpossible wrote: »
    That cat one always stands out for me too. There is another one where some tommy fella asks to be a mod after watching a documentary about bobby kennedy.
    Actually a lot of crazy ones are about people looking for mod status, or complaining about being banned.

Feedback is boring now, there was a time it was car crash viewing, but its gone now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Wonder does AC remember this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I'm ashamed to have forgotten to mention this thread and this post until now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

That drunk thread about tomangos featuring gangsters and hookers. The OP's friend got threatened so the OP's solution was to have an aul dance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Ohhh the Jigsaw thread is actually viewable, I thought it was deleted the next morning to never be seen again. Was in stitches that night, definitely my favourite boards thread. It doesn't seem as funny now looking back over it but the fast pace of the thread that night played a big part in how funny it was so only the crazy's up at 2-4am that night got the full glory of it, good few things taken out as well I think.

Advertisement