Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Badger Baiting

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

"Badger baiting is practised in almost every town in Ireland, both north & south". This is according to an investigation carried out by the Sunday Times.
    That is a rather strong sweeping statement.
    I doubt that it is going on in every town and village.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,834 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Hang out the flags - for once I agree with you !

But it was clearly a very long investigation involving undercover work. The fact that Ireland is not a party to The European Convention for the Protection of Pet Animals, 1987 is an open invitation to every Badger baiter, dog fighter etc to come here.

Maybe the government are going to market Badger Baiting Tourism like the Russian have for Bear shooting ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭TKD SC

Read that article in the Sunday Times yesterday too. Absolutely horrific stuff. Can't begin to comment here or it will turn into a rant. We need better laws and sentencing in this country to protect animals, and better resources to actually follow through with any laws also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

That video made me feel physically sick. I just cannot understand how some people can actually do that. The mind boggles.

High time they changed the crazy laws in this country.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

Thats a horrible video. Its not as bad as the dog one on the PETA site. How can anyone like blood sports? Vile and upsetting.

• Advertisement

It was covered on Gerry Ryan this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Discodog wrote: »
    It was covered on Gerry Ryan this morning.

Heard a few soundbytes from the show myself.
    I hope the scumbags get what they have coming to them. It's sickening what some people will do for kicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭time lord

Discodog wrote: »
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/ireland/article5780985.ece

"Badger baiting is practised in almost every town in Ireland, both north & south". This is according to an investigation carried out by the Sunday Times.

Please be aware of this & report any suspicious activity to the Gardai.
    Even better put the wildlife rangers no. on your phone. I saw two digging out badgers and to cut a long story short it went to court and a conviction was secured. It made the national papers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭donal7

Sick thugs

Would love to put them in a ring and kick the **** of the them see how they like it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

donal7 wrote: »
    Sick thugs

Would love to put them in a ring and kick the **** of the them see how they like it

Seconded.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

time lord wrote: »
    Even better put the wildlife rangers no. on your phone. I saw two digging out badgers and to cut a long story short it went to court and a conviction was secured. It made the national papers too.

Where do we find those numbers, time lord?

Hey, lads, you can't put badger baiters into a ring and kick the tripes out of them. That would be animal cruelty :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭time lord

luckat wrote: »
    Where do we find those numbers, time lord?

Hey, lads, you can't put badger baiters into a ring and kick the tripes out of them. That would be animal cruelty :eek:
    they are employed by National Parks and Wildlife services . They were under the O.P.W. but they split a few years ago. They have navy vans with orange logos. They are full time. They secured the conviction and I didn't have to give evidence. I've a personal mobile for one of the rangers so its not much use to you sorry..

You will find them in the phone book under your county council listing.

Advertisement