Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Preseason Thread

Options
  • 03-08-2014 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭

Hey, there's a football game on tonight.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭me89

padraig_f wrote: »
    Hey, there's a football game on tonight.

Woooooooooo football!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Honestly think I'm more excited for the HOF game than I was for the SB. It's been a long off-season

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Been flat out with final year in college and getting started in a new job so hasn't been the worst off season for me, haven't had time to think about the lack of football - need to actually go catch up with who's been traded dropped and signed to get back up to speed.

But football starting back on a bank holiday Sunday night, with no work to worry about in the morning - most excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

Is this on TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭farranreeboy

Setanta Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

Setanta Ireland

Excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,473 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well thank jaysus the day has finally arrived. First live football of any kind since February.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Would I be right in thinking the clocks changed in the States not so long ago so this will be on at midnight our time? or will I have to wait the extra hour?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Would I be right in thinking the clocks changed in the States not so long ago so this will be on at midnight our time? or will I have to wait the extra hour?

1am

No the clocks in the US haven't changed as far as I'm aware.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Damn! Thanks lads, at least it's a bank holiday. Looking forward to seeing Sammy Watkins in NFL uniform. He's going to be under big pressure to step right up to the plate for the Bills.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Will23

Setanta Ireland

Cheers, Was about to search the net to find a decent link!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Waitin' all day for sunday night :)

Just start the game already!!!

My favourite thing about NFL already - adds and bad puns (The Script's Hall of Fame song)

Still though we're almost back

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

God I've missed football.

at least the punter did a good job.

Oh dear Giants.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭The Showstopper

Well that didn't take long for Eli to give the ball away

Just saw on Twitter that the goal posts are higher this season.
    The goal posts had an off- season growth spurt. They are 5 feet higher this year to help b[etter judge tall kicks over either post.

• Advertisement

Longer point after attempts - first I heard about this but I like it. Mightn't be 99.999999% conversion rate anymore.
    Might actually be a reason to consider a 2pt rather than a 1pt if your kicker is having an off day or bad weather.

The only time I ever remember considering going for 2 instead of 1 was during the Eagles - Lions game last year and that was just because the weather was a ****ing joke as we all remember.

So the first extra point using the new spot and the sky hasn't fallen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

anybody got decent stream?

Michelle Tafoya
    Tom Coughlin tells me Eli is uncomfortable on dropbacks due to partially torn groin suffered while riding mechanical bull in New Jersey bar.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

nice kick. 47 yards won't do his cause any harm

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

Nice piece on Jim Kelly there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Losing bet on over the points, beat the closing line and a FG would have been enough. They tackled harder than I thought tbh, not sure what kind of "agreement" if any was in place. Maybe I was imagining it, hard to judge when it's first game of pre-season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

You gamble on pre season :eek:
    It's difficult enough during the regular season.

I wouldn't think there is any "agreement" in place. You have 3rd stringers and 4th stringers desperate not to get cut and they'll do anything to make an impact

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

There was an angle, and to back up the angle, the line started at 32.5 and went off at 37 or so. Was on the right side but wasn't to be, chalk it down as the first in a long line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Watched the starters...

Bills could be good this year, skill-position on offense looking pretty good, to go with good d-line from last year. Need to see how Manuel does a bit more.

Giants...offensive-line still looked shaky when they passed, ran the ball a lot.

Extra point from the 15...I like it, even if it won't be in this season.

Advertisement