Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Boards.ie Car Sticker

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

So if we see someone driving around with one, do we beep them like they have in the states with the Jeep Wrangler?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Mc Love wrote: »
    So if we see someone driving around with one, do we beep them like they have in the states with the Jeep Wrangler?

Use the proper Boards.ie approved wave :)

tumblr_ma5sgvTXkV1r6ibubo4_250.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Do you have to have an adverts account to buy one? Wont let me buy one without an account

Feck it, signed up n bought one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

How many of them have been bought?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

pred racer wrote: »
    Mine arrived during the week.

Handwritten envelope, made me feel all special!

Same for me.

Even better - my name and surname were spelled all correctly, which happens very rarely in Ireland (I'd rather say it doesn't happen at all).

I feel special

Anyway - I put mine on the back, but I'm not sure about the looks of the rear of the car with it on. I might need to find other spot for it.

306409.jpg

Also I decided to add one to my already big collection of windscreen discs.

306408.jpg

306410.jpg

306407.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Stuck it in the chat thread but nyeh, here you go again

fk5r2e.jpg

Is anyone else having problems with their stickers?

My one has already fallen most of the way off just sitting there :(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    Is anyone else having problems with their stickers?

My one has already fallen most of the way off just sitting there :(:(

one of mine wouldnt take to the window at all so a little drop of water on it and it hasnt budged since

one of mine wouldnt take to the window at all so a little drop of water on it and it hasnt budged since

Might try that thanks :)

IMO they should have gone for a proper sticker but we have what we have at this stage. Way way better than having none at all!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I wonder is Cinio onto something... maybe if you replace one of your discs with the sticker some gardaí will wave you on :pac:

• Advertisement

I wonder is Cinio onto something... maybe if you replace one of your discs with the sticker some gardaí will wave you on :pac:

yes but you'd have to share your coke and hookers with him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

I just ordered 6 of them. 11 left :)

Will these be going up in value ? :cool::p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

goz83 wrote: »
    I just ordered 6 of them. 11 left :)

Will these be going up in value ? :cool::p

11? I don't see any...

11? I don't see any...

They're all gone :pac:

I have a spare one if ya want. They've gone up in value it would seem. €50 please LOL.

goz83 wrote: »
    They're all gone :pac:

I have a spare one if ya want. They've gone up in value it would seem. €50 please LOL.
    I'll trade you a half eaten snickers, and even throw in a stale pint from last night

I'll trade you a half eaten snickers, and even throw in a stale pint from last night

We have a deal if the snickers is still in the wrapper and your lipstick is on the half eaten end :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

ahhh no, you're grand, I don't want to devalue my car by putting one of these stickers on :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Hello all,

I have plenty more (60) stickers and they'll be on sale tomorrow, just waiting for one of the Adverts team to flick the switch on them. There were a few more sent out in today's post too (it's just been collected I believe).

Whilst it's a limited run, I don't know if we're into the stratospheric collectible expense of a snickers + lipstick yet ;)

Great to see the pics posted too, I'll be keeping an eye out for them, but there weren't too many sent to Dublin (unless we include the Greater Dublin area to catch Kildare in our net). Limerick and Cork are well represented as are Galway and Kilkenny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Dav wrote: »
    Hello all,

I have plenty more (60) stickers and they'll be on sale tomorrow, just waiting for one of the Adverts team to flick the switch on them. There were a few more sent out in today's post too (it's just been collected I believe).

Whilst it's a limited run, I don't know if we're into the stratospheric collectible expense of a snickers + lipstick yet ;)

Great to see the pics posted too, I'll be keeping an eye out for them, but there weren't too many sent to Dublin (unless we include the Greater Dublin area to catch Kildare in our net). Limerick and Cork are well represented as are Galway and Kilkenny.

I'll send my stickers back if you start including Kildare in the Greater Dublin Area, they can have north kildare with their Double decker buses and 01 Dialing code but the rest is off limits.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Well it's funny you should mention that... In a past life, I was a software engineer for a company that built insurance and financial services software. Kildare, Meath, Wicklow and Louth were all treated as "Dublin" for loading/risk purposes by the companies we did work for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

im flying the flag for dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Just bought one :)

Now...if only I had a Boards tee shirt ;)

Representing The Banner County :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Chucken wrote: »
    Just bought one :)

TSHIRT!! TSHIRT!! TSHIRT!! :pac:

I got the sticker idea going so i can get the tshirt one going! :P

Yes we can!! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Chucken wrote: »

These must be collectors items so !

WP_000318.jpg

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Another one for Cork

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

OSI wrote: »
    Did you get charged extra for international mail?

Funnily enough no :p

I have a heat press. I will make my own damn t-shirts hahaha. I will even stamp the speedos while i am at it. Banana hammock advertising!!!

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I cant wait to drive around in my boards tshirt and have all 4 stickers on the one car!

Ohhhh. Look what Dav said after the last tee shirts were on sale:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=81944732&postcount=80
    Next time ;)

I still have mine, I LOVE it soooo much :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=81790014&postcount=5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Still no sign of mine...wonder where they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Would love to see a boards.ie window sticker too, If ye put it as an announcement on the main page I would think a lot of people would buy one, and would advertise the website as well :)

Dav wrote: »

Oh goody, hope mine was amongst them.

String wrote: »
    Would love to see a boards.ie window sticker too, If ye put it as an announcement on the main page I would think a lot of people would buy one, and would advertise the website as well :)

nooo....just for Motors....:D

Owryan wrote: »
    Oh goody, hope mine was amongst them.
    Me too as I ordered mine before that post

Is anyone else waiting on theres? Mine was ordered 2 weeks ago now i think...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭garclo

I drive a van wit no back window so I was thinking of getting 2 for the side windows. Do ye think they'd last with the windows going up and down? Are they actual stickers or are they like L plate sticky?

garclo wrote: »
    I drive a van wit no back window so I was thinking of getting 2 for the side windows. Do ye think they'd last with the windows going up and down? Are they actual stickers or are they like L plate sticky?

L plate sticky. I'm afraid you'll have to get a rear window fitted :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭garclo

L plate sticky. I'm afraid you'll have to get a rear window fitted :P

I'm on it........now where did I leave my angle grinder!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Got mine the other day,
    Going to hold off putting it on the car as plan on (hopefully) changing the car in a few months

Well mine arrived today :D . Thanks Dav for the kind message

Will order a couple more shortly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

I ordered the same day as you Alan and I have them since thursday.

my sticker went to Donegal....i dunno if it's clear enough to see though

29vm7hu.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

YbFocus wrote: »
    I ordered the same day as you Alan and I have them since thursday.

I think I ordered mine around the same time as you and I got them last Wednesday. I remember thinking that the deliver was quite quick.

Bpmull wrote: »
    I think I ordered mine around the same time as you and I got them last Wednesday. I remember thinking that the deliver was quite quick.

Sent a PM to boards account on boards. So lets see what they say. Cheers for the responses lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭dmc17

Cabaal wrote: »
    Got mine the other day,
    Going to hold off putting it on the car as plan on (hopefully) changing the car in a few months

It can be moved though. There's no adhesive on it. It uses static or something to that effect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

Is anyone else waiting on theres? Mine was ordered 2 weeks ago now i think...

its the sig Alan ;)

It's like the "family hold back" principle...in this case Moderators....

• Advertisement

I got my 6 today. Ordered on the 12th. Gonna put a couple on the mondeo now and on the Zafira later. I might put one on the busted up fto too :D

Advertisement