Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Channels!?!

Options
  • 19-07-2014 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi to all! I haven't been on this site in years! I am wondering if perhaps y'all could give me an idea of what tv channels or packaves are the best here to get nfl and also college football. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    Go Tennessee Vols!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Sky & Channel 4 show the NFL. C4 show the Sunday night game & highlights. Sky show the Sunday & Thursday night games. ESPN (through BT Sport & Setanta) show college football.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Joemcn95

I find this handy, just take away the space.

www .nfluk.com/tv-audio/schedule

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭spillit67

College football coverage is unfortunately very hit and miss. ESPN generally just show ESPN and CBS games, so we miss out on some big games. They also inexplicably won't show a big game. Online ESPN College Pass is the same despite paying a premium price for it. It's very bloody annoying in this day and age that when you are willing and do in fact pay good money for something it isn't available legally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Eurosport showed the Monday night game (early hours Tuesday here) too didn't they? Thought they showed some college football too, but could be mistaken on both fronts.

As per OP, go Vols!

They did last year, but not sure about the coverage this year, which is why I didn't mention it.

Does anyone know if Eurosport will continue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 silverdecks

Thanks for the replies, it is a bit of a joke how hit and miss they are here. It is a great sport with a huge following but access is limited. Love being in America for college games even the craps ones. The atmosphere is brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 silverdecks

Thanks for the replies, it is a bit of a joke how hit and miss they are here. It is a great sport with a huge following but access is limited. Love being in America for college games even the craps ones. The atmosphere is brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

They did last year, but not sure about the coverage this year, which is why I didn't mention it.

Does anyone know if Eurosport will continue?

Was Eurosport not gobbled up by BTSPORT there this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭me89

Eurosport will have MNF again this year

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭mooreman09

Is the College Football signed up to the Setanta package again this season? I may get my subscription up and running!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Guffy

me89 wrote: »
    Eurosport will have MNF again this year

Didn't watch this last year. Any production value? Any analysis or just adds?

No ads. No analysis. It's a straight feed with commentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭DBIreland

Sky Sports announce week 1 Sunday matches as Pats @ Dolphins and 49ers @ Cowboys.
    Week 2 matches Falcons @ Bengals and Chiefs @ Broncos.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

mooreman09 wrote: »
    Is the College Football signed up to the Setanta package again this season? I may get my subscription up and running!

Yes, ESPN UK will be showing NCAA games, including the Croke Park game on Saturday week.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭DBIreland

Sky Sports extends their deal for 5 more years and adds MNF to their package. So Sunday night football will be the only free to air offering i guess from next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

DBIreland wrote: »
    Sky Sports extends their deal for 5 more years and adds MNF to their package. So Sunday night football will be the only free to air offering i guess from next season.

That's a pity, while I have sky sports, it means an extra blacked out game every week on Gamepass. Means I can't watch MNF if I'm not at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Anybody know does Sky getting MNF mean Setanta and Eurosport won't?

Advertisement