Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to pack for a move to Abu Dhabi?

Options
  • 17-07-2015 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm moving to Abu Dhabi for a new job next month, just wondering what sort of things would be handy to bring wih me (obvs. apart from the basics-clothes, toiletries etc.)

From my reasearch it seems that you can get pretty much everything you need out there but for those who have been/are currently in AD is there anything that you hadn't brought with you that you wish you had?

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If you're going to work for a company over there, it's almost certain that they either have inhouse staff to help with the advice you're looking for, or they may pay a local company to advise incoming workers about what to bring and not to bring. So I'd ask them if they can offer any advice.

The local mains electricity is 230V/50 Hz so you can bring any mains appliances that you're fond of, you may or may not need adapters but you'll be able to buy them out there.

When you get there, I'd advise you to get a trip or two in a car driven by an ex-pat so he/she can give you guidance on how the locals drive and you should drive. Defensive driving is usually the order of the day in Gulf countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

I'd leave my 'Only Gay in the Village' t-shirt at home.

Advertisement