Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To chris or not to chris ?

Options
  • 11-09-2006 11:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭

Saw a very nice epiphone dot on chrisguitar tonight, cheap as at 369 bucks and I was feeling pretty good until I realised that by the time you factor in ship etc, it's pretty much the same price as heading into waltons and buying one off the shelf.

question is: is it still worth buying from chris just for the setup he gives the guitars, or do any the shops around dublin provide a similar service included in the price ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

well how much is a new epiphone from say waltons?

from chris including shipping and taxes you're looking at roughly 450-500 euros for that dot.

i'd go with chris not just for the setup service he provides but also for the fact that you'll probably be getting a better quality epiphone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭-=al=-

+ I'd never buy anything in waltons :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Chris all the way. Just got a Gibson V off him for just over €600 all in.

He's one of the few genuinely good guys out there. When you're buying something for about 400 quid you're not really seeing the benefit of the deal since almost a third of the price is shipping, but still, there is satisfaction to be had in getting something from the states for less, even if it's only slightly less, than the rip-off merchants here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Doctor J wrote:
    ..... Just got a Gibson V off him for just over €600 all in.

Dr J, I hate to be the one to have to point this out but you may have to ban yerself!!!!! :eek:

Not wanting to hi-jack a thread, you see, plus it hasn't shipped yet, the deal is still warm like a morning cup of tea, that Lyons reserve stuff, good tea, merest smidge of milk, so I am unable to take pics as, at this stage, they will just show carpet, no guitar :p

This
    is the one, for those who are sticklers for the rules :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Doctor J wrote:
    Just got a Gibson V off him

Bad bad bad bad bad bad BAD kid!

To think of all that (fiscal) discipline I tried to instill in you....

But it's ok, I will sell something off to cover it, one goes out, one comes in... like the natrual way of kebabs! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Doctor J wrote:
    But it's ok, I will sell something off to cover it, one goes out, one comes in... like the natrual way of kebabs! :D

Don't be revolting! Especially when talking about new gear.

Anyway, I have to say up the Chris. ;)

Advertisement