Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ballmer Peak

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

Yeah, it works for me. 2 or 3 bottles of beer seem to make me really productive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭jmcc

Isn't this part of the Hacker Test? (This was before the numpties in the "technology" media discovered computers and hijacked the meaning of the word 'hacker'.) One of the questions had to do with coding while drunk and the follow-on question was about whether it made sense the next day.

Regards...jmcc

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Must try that some night with the odd top up. I remember the story of a programmer and cryptographer who used to get high before he'd start developing encryption keys, so he'd forget all about it the next day. Must try and dig it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

it's absolute BS for me. i need to be completely sober and not hungover to get stuff done. the minute the effects of even one beer hit my brain, the last thing i want to be doing is coding

Advertisement