Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

track day

Options
  • 22-08-2009 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭

Picked up a track bike last week, an FZR 600 and did a track day on Monday in mondello. I've been riding bikes for over 20 years,but doing the track left me feeling like a complete newb. It was like all my common sense went out the window. Even though a few months back I did the introduction course up there,I had forgotten everything,including the way around :eek: I discovered, and used,complete new lines for going around,so much infact a marshall had to show me the proper way,twice.:( In fairness I improved as the day wore on,my times didn't but I managed to take what looked like the correct lines. I won't say what my times were for fear of further embaressment, I had an onboard video and the card ran out,enough said. In saying all that I'm hooked and will be back up there sunday week.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

It's great craic.

I'm still consider myself in the beginners group (haven't been out on track this year) and I get a blast out of it each time I go out.

I think it is not the actual speed that you do, but how fast your speed changes - i.e. (presuming mondello) 55 around the last corner to 180 to 55 again for the first corner all in the space of a couple of seconds really.

Don't mind having to get directions/instructions. That's what they are there for, and they will be very helpful if you ask them for advice.

Advertisement