Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MBK Ovetto maintenance questions

Options
  • 26-08-2009 1:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

The back brakes on my MBK Ovetto have gone very soft. Dont slow me down at all.
    Does anyone know how to tighten up the brakes ?
    I am only a little technically minded and do not have my owners manual. Can anybody help ?:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

change the pads?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

redser76 wrote: »
    I am only a little technically minded and do not have my owners manual. Can anybody help ?:confused:

Bring it to a mechanic before your front ones go too and you run into the back of a bus.

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Oh God... I agree with the others: get that moped checked by a professional before you end up in hospital!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Bring it to a mechanic before your front ones go too and you run into the back of a bus.

'cptr

From what I can see, these came with drums and more recently disc brakes. You don't mention which yours is but if its an older one, there should be an adjusting nut on the arm which presses the shoes against the drum. See pic for some idea (not an Ovetto - post a pic and I'll point it out for you).

When someone says that they are not technical, I always assume the worst and recommend a professional. If you can use cutlery and accept the consequences of your own actions then take a vise grips to the back of your bike and try not to screw it up.

'cptr

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

If you don't know enough to know what might be wrong you don't know enough to start messing with it. Bring it to a mechanic and get it looked at.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 redser76

Thanks for the advice and concern. Not my primary means of transport so wont be riding if it is unsafe.
    I have done a little work on my car(changed fan, brakes and head lamp) and exhaust and speedo cable on the scooter so if it is not to complicated would give the breaks a try.
    Again thanks for your comments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 redser76

From what I can see, these came with drums and more recently disc brakes. You don't mention which yours is but if its an older one, there should be an adjusting nut on the arm which presses the shoes against the drum. See pic for some idea (not an Ovetto - post a pic and I'll point it out for you).

When someone says that they are not technical, I always assume the worst and recommend a professional. If you can use cutlery and accept the consequences of your own actions then take a vise grips to the back of your bike and try not to screw it up.

'cptr

Thanks. Found it under and behind the arm opposite to pic. Took 3 mins to sort.
    There are enough bad drivers out there without people riding around on dodgy machinery. Again, thanks for your concern and advice.
    Thanks all.

Advertisement