Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most popular make of motorcycle in ireland

Options
  • 23-08-2009 9:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭

Was wonderen which motorcycle is most common on irish roads,
    i suppose suzukis bandit, in the olden days it might the good old chicken chaser ( `onda 50) ?
    Suppose honda is the popular one for history and build.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

I think that Honda are very popular.

But that might be changing. People are starting to see their bikes as boring.
    Honda need some new and exciting models.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Pretty much anything except Kawasaki. Kwak riders love the cake...

'cptr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Must bo GoldWings judging by the amount of them I saw today around the South East. Is there a Wing rally on?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,814 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

nothing close to the numbers of Honda 50's there was once

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

trad wrote: »
    Must bo GoldWings judging by the amount of them I saw today around the South East. Is there a Wing rally on?
    Freewheelers classic show on in waterford. They unveilling 4 new harleys. Thats probably it.

The cbr250 would be up there id say.

• Advertisement

I see loads of gixxers and yamaha dragstars around lately.

trad wrote: »

Yeah - they had a rally there this weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

The most common bike here in Bavaria is the BMW 1200GS (or whatever the new one is). They are fu*king everywhere.

I personally wanted the touring version with the huge tank but I didn't want a bike everyone else had.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Pretty much anything except Kawasaki. Kwak riders love the cake...

'cptr

What sort of cake?

'kkzi

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I hazard a guess that yammy R1s and 6s are one, or two, of the most popular sports bikes in Ireland. Never a day goes by when I don't see a few on the road.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

I read that the BMW GS and GSA were the best selling bike in the UK. Not sure about here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭zzr

i dont get the cake bit?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭DonkeyRhubarb

zzr wrote: »
    i dont get the cake bit?:confused:

The cake is a lie.:pac:

geez i think you would want to be more than a muffin eater to handle the KAWASAKI ZZR 1100 dont think theres `antin gay about one of them, course they do say the guys who talks about gay things usualy are covering up for something, your sceret is safe here inter.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Did someone mention cake ?? and Kawasaki's ?? My two mostest favourite things in the world :D

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭n.catenthusiast

Yeah never heard of homosexuals having brand preferences.

Once in school I got called gay for wearing Cica runners, but they certainly didn't feel gay-quite the opposite in fact. They had lights in the heals, and that's about as manly as you can get.

I dunno; having a Kawasaki myself I guess I better question my sexuality a bit more-experiment in public toilets and such forth.

Cheers for the heads up 'Cptr!

explain the cake. That one just went over me big head

glad im not the only one, it must be the speak of the upper class society
    to which is privy from the common man .
    takes the biscuit ya get it eh eh:p (cake) think ill lie down now

Did I miss something?

Do we now have 'Gay' bikes? :confused::eek:

Is this an official line?

Or do we have bikes specifically for 'Gay' people? :confused::P

'.

no but we have an expert who some how relates kawasakis and cake to being gay he seems to know alot about the subject thats all.
    its news to me that kawasakis are the choice of gay people,or anyone who has a kawasaki must be gay so the expert says.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

zzr wrote: »
    no but we have an expert who some how relates kawasakis and cake to being gay he seems to know alot about the subject thats all.
    its news to me that kawasakis are the choice of gay people,or anyone who has a kawasaki must be gay so the expert says.:rolleyes:

This 'expert' must have done extensive research, and compiled a lot of first hand knowledge. ;)

Hahahaha - it is amazing how people give themselves away. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I see loads of gixxers and yamaha dragstars around lately.
    Thiose are not real Gixrs. :D

Popularity of bikes seems to be localised, I would have considered some of the skutters and smaller bikes like the Bros as very popular around Dublin for couriers and commuters etc. Down the country they wouldn't be as popular. When living in Ennis I found the place snobby towards skutters, so most young lads starting off would tend to get a bike particularly if their mates had them. Down in Waterford you tend to trip over Harleys

At one time around the mid 70ies you would trip over the Honda 175 (Noddy) down the country and Honda 50 (Gapper) and Heinkle scooter around Dublin.

down here in waterford i only ever seen a bros 650(?) once. Obviously there loads of scooters. Not many of anything down here to be honest. A couple blackbirds, i have k2 gsxr, mate has k1 gsxr. And another mate has k3 gsxr. We be fulltime on the bikes. Another R1 around and last fella had a R1 tuned to the nuts but cops got rid of him. Although he a legend. Anyone doing track days would know him. There a few 636's here in town. CB4 etc. Not that many here in waterford at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭McArmalite

This topic is going way off with people talking about cakes and gays......... Anyway, I'd agree with the OP, Bandits would have to be the most populiar. The 600 is a great bike, don't know much about the 1200 but I'm sure it's the business, but I know from a motor bike mechanic that the Bandit 250 is a heap of total sh!te. NEVER let anyone get one.he told me.

The Bros is very populiar in Dublin, a lot of couriers of course who ride them to death and they seem to be held together with sticky tape and rubber bands. ( Couriers usually have a 2nd proper bike for the weekends, holidays etc or when the bros breaks down. )

Honda CBR's seem to be the commonest sportsbike. The Virago or DragStar seem to be the most populiar cruisers, with the Virago 400 probably the more populiar.

Advertisement