Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixing BIG hole in drywall - Pics included

Options
  • 05-08-2013 11:33am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi there,

As you will see from the picture I have included, I've got a MAJOR hole in a drywall which needs repair as I intend to paint the room.

I know precisely nothing about DIY so, if the problem can be successfully repaired, please be gentle in your instruction to ensure I understand what is being said.

2ryg36t.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Philip82

Hi, the plaster board is fixed onto timber uprights which are usually 16 inches apart. What needs to be done is you have to cut the plasterboard back to the centre of the uprights on either side of the hole. Cut it as square as you can then you need to buy a small sheet of new plaster board the same thickness and cut out the required square and using slab nails or screws fix back in the hole. You will then need to get a plasterer to patch it with a bit of hard wall. It wont be a big job or very expensive so bar the plastering you should be well capable of doing it yourself. Hope this is clear, best of luck!

Advertisement