Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family History Fair 1st Nov

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

Looks quite professional, even using eventbrite for ticketing. Is it a first for such an event to be run here by the CLDS? Topics are a bit basic, but if there were good tips on the 'search' and 'filter' functions they would be very worthwhile. They also mention 'using ancestry.com and lots more' at the very bottom of their page. I will be away so cannot go. Hope someone attends and gives an update.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭VicWynne

It looks like the CLDS are starting to realise how many people there are to tap in Dublin - I'm not sure if I'll be able to go - the topics are basic, but sometimes I learn new stuff at the most basic of talks... It looks like a very full program - from 10 - 3:30 there are two 30 minute talks in each slot. That's a lot of information.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

They're repeating the lectures multiple times though. I'm considering it - have stuff to do that day.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭campingcarist

Checking out want is happening, the more info tab for each heading is not very informative; basically it says 30 minute workshop with the heading repeated.

I am wondering what the iNDEXING topic is about.

I may go for the day and try to fit in as many of the workshops as I can, though I do have a journey time of one and three quarters of an hour each way (by bus) then I have to get to Glasnevin (the dead centre of Dublin!)

The indexing will be about how to become a volunteer indexer for Familysearch.org - presumably what it entails, etc.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement

pinkypinky wrote: »
    The indexing will be about how to become a volunteer indexer for Familysearch.org - presumably what it entails, etc.

Thanks for that pinkpinky.

I've done my time transcribing for FreeBMD - over 10,000 transcriptions.

I don't think you need that lecture then!!

Genealogy Forum Mod

pinkypinky wrote: »
    I don't think you need that lecture then!!

I have signed up for 8 of the 9 workshops - not doing the Irish census one. More out of curiosity and general interest.

Advertisement