Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mediation Course versus The Fe1s

Options
  • 15-05-2014 8:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Hi All,

I am just finishing up on my final year in the LLB in GCD (which I really liked) and GCD are planning to bring out a Post Grad Mediation course which I am now interested in. I think a mediation career (maybe in family) would be quite interesting. But part of me is still undecided and I am unsure if a solicitor might be better than mediator or vice versa. I have heard that unless you have family ties in the legal background you can find it hard to become a solicitor and I am unsure of the availability of trainee-ships available. Just wondering if anyone in either of these background could give me some feedback. It would be greatly appreciated.
    P.s. I am also interested in the Masters in law or corporate governance. Part of final decision will be based on which career will offer me financial stability and security, the other part will be based on which career is interesting.
    Thanks for your help. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SternRadio

Hi All,

I am just finishing up on my final year in the LLB in GCD (which I really liked) and GCD are planning to bring out a Post Grad Mediation course which I am now interested in. I think a mediation career (maybe in family) would be quite interesting. But part of me is still undecided and I am unsure if a solicitor might be better than mediator or vice versa. I have heard that unless you have family ties in the legal background you can find it hard to become a solicitor and I am unsure of the availability of trainee-ships available. Just wondering if anyone in either of these background could give me some feedback. It would be greatly appreciated.
    P.s. I am also interested in the Masters in law or corporate governance. Part of final decision will be based on which career will offer me financial stability and security, the other part will be based on which career is interesting.
    Thanks for your help. :)

Corporate Governance is one of the elective modules in the GCD LLM International Commercial law. That might be of interest to you.

Advertisement