Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

library on lockdown

Options
  • 07-10-2015 6:12pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭

can any 2-4 or above years shed any light on how long the library staff generally keep up this cherade of trying to stop people bringing coffee or other drinks into the LRC?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

So it's not on lockdown
    You just can't bring your coffee in. Its standard practice in all libraries.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

So it's not on lockdown
    You just can't bring your coffee in. Its standard practice in all libraries.

the women have guns and everything

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭yer man!

I know NUIG used to allow it if it was in a travel mug only.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Its always like that at the few weeks at the start of the year (to try give the hint to freshers and returning students alike) and coming up to the exam seasons, has been for years. No hot or fizzy drinks allowed (no chocolate milk either it seemed) but can bring water in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

I always thought it was a standard rule for all libraries?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

I would assume so (haven't been in a public library for a long time now), but academic libraries would definitely be that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭mightyreds

They allow travel mugs in, they usually ease up midway through the year but if your seen you will still be asked to leave or bin it

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

It would be fine if people cleaned up after themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

I'm glad they finally stopped allowing people to have coffee in the library. I found it really distracted me when I was in there trying to loudly mess and have a laugh with my friends.

Advertisement