Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Finding it difficult to sleep..

• 30-09-2014 2:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭

After Hours, I need you help.. in bed since 11 pm and can't get to sleep due to the heat. I have the window open, duvet off and a cold bottle of water near me... what else can I do and is anyone else suffering from this or only me?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

After Hours, I need you help.. in bed since 11 pm and can't get to sleep due to the heat. I have the window open, duvet off and a cold bottle of water near me... what else can I do and is anyone else suffering from this or only me?

I have my son and girlfriend in the bed beside me and I'm grand where u getting this "heat" from?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 412 ✭✭better call saul

Fap op

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭fiverfriday

House has just been really warm the last two nights. Window is as wide as it goes since I got in from work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭skirtgirl

Go and make toast with real butter op. It will make you sleep like a baby. Don't just lie there thinking that's a good idea go and do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I'm at work, stop your complainin'!!

On a more serious, hot milk and honey can work. Try listening to podcasts and radio, try distract your mind from the task of trying to fall asleep. The light of you laptop/phone probably isn't going to help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I had my appendix out last Thursday, the painkillers don't work and there's literally no comfortable position to sleep in.

That doesn't add anything to the discussion at all, but I needed to whinge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Get up, leave your bedroom and sit and read/listen to music/paint or whatever you do to relax. When you feel tired again, go back to bed and try to sleep.

If you don't, repeat above.

If it still doesn't work, repeat above.

and keep repeating until you either fall asleep or it's time to get up. I know it sounds stupid but it's what was recommended to me by a therapist.
    And I'm still awake :(

If all else fails OP - fap and keep fapping until you sleep, your thingie falls off or it's time to get up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Hold the Cheez Whiz

brummytom wrote: »
    I had my appendix out last Thursday, the painkillers don't work and there's literally no comfortable position to sleep in.

That doesn't add anything to the discussion at all, but I needed to whinge.

Urg, I feel your pain. I have an inflamed kidney (which kind of feels like being kicked in the back by a horse), and the painkillers they gave me are useless as well. Initially, when they waved them at me in the hospital, I thought I would feel like this once I got home, but no dice...and no sleep. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

Whiskey. If that doesnt work try more whiskey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Get up and go for a walk/run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

well, from my experience with insomnia when I had pneumonia for 7 months, I know if I'm still awake after 4am, I've no chance of sleeping, but the next day is awful!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭dimcoin

If you have a continuing problem it might be worth your time to get a lisenced medical marijuana endorsement from your Doctor. I know that the cannibis strains of Indica help me sleep when I am suffering from anxiety or insomnia. I also know other people who do the same after their 9-5 workday. Make sure to get your card through your Doctor and only get your herb from a LEGAL shop in your state(county in Ireland??) so you don't inadvertntly support any criminal element and your local government gets the money instead. Here in Washington State, that tax money from cannabis is put towards our local schools!:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Miss Lizzie Jones

You need an electric fan.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 412 ✭✭better call saul

dimcoin wrote: »
    If you have a continuing problem it might be worth your time to get a lisenced medical marijuana endorsement from your Doctor. I know that the cannibis strains of Indica help me sleep when I am suffering from anxiety or insomnia. I also know other people who do the same after their 9-5 workday. Make sure to get your card through your Doctor and only get your herb from a LEGAL shop in your state(county in Ireland??) so you don't inadvertntly support any criminal element and your local government gets the money instead. Here in Washington State, that tax money from cannabis is put towards our local schools!:-)

You ain't in Kansas now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,457 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Wouldn't bother now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

I'm afraid its only you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Hate waking up at 3am or so and not being able to get back to sleep for 2-3 hours.

I've heard all the tips about going to another room and listening to music etc but unfortunately the floorboards in my house are so sensitive that even my lighter steps make a noise that inevitably wakes someone else up, so that's out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I think I only got about 20 minutes sleep last night. That's not good. It was probably due to alcohol withdrawal, though.

Advertisement