Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Phone Or Cancer?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Philo Beddoe

I'm surprised the OP hasn't called anyone 'sheeple' or told us to go back to sleep yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

efb wrote: »
    What about the water meters!!!!

They give you cancer

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

jamesbere wrote: »
    They give you cancer
    only if you haven't been killed by the fluoride already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭caolfx

Hey everybody! Would you rather die or never eat coal again?! Think about it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

I mean really?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Time to dust off the old tin foil hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,839 ✭✭✭daheff

OP...surely its all or nothing...if i have a phone i get cancer (according to you)....no phone no cancer....so your thread title (& choice) is flawed...its not phone or cancer.....

Maybe all the fluoride in the water reacted with your tinfoil hat & messed up your mind!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

If I get rid of my phone am I guaranteed not to get cancer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

I'll take a cancer please when you're ready Carol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

If I get rid of my phone am I guaranteed not to get cancer?

I'll guarantee you anything you want man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    What's a cellphone?

Some kind of 1980s communication device Americans keep going on about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

diomed wrote: »
    Another reason for me not to get a phone.
    That and avoiding people calling when they feel like a chat.

Interacting with other humans is definitely a negative of having a mobile phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭davemc180

cancers not a joke..

hope you don't have a family member whos undergoing kimo..

knobhead

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

If mobile phones cause cancer does that mean diluting mobile phones cures it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

If my mum had been told about this I'm sure she'd have thrown her mobile away but seeing as cancer got to her first, cancer won :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

UCDCritic wrote: »
    According to the research and sources in this video there is Unequivocal proof mobile phones give you cancer

You know what causes cancer? Life.

Live long enough, you'll get cancer. Less people died of cancer before modern technology came about not because there was no modern technology, but because they bloody well didn't live long enough for that to be the thing that killed them in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

COYVB wrote: »
    You know what causes cancer? Life.

Live long enough, you'll get cancer. Less people died of cancer before modern technology came about not because there was no modern technology, but because they bloody well didn't live long enough for that to be the thing that killed them in the end
    Yep. As we get older and healthcare improves, the mortality rates for the two major non-communicable diseases (heart disease and cancer) will inevitably increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭muddypaws

My Dad died of a brain tumour in June. Yes, he used a mobile phone, but not very much, he was in his mid 70s, so it wasn't as big a part of his life as it is to younger people. He was deaf in his right ear, so always held the phone to his left ear, or put it on speaker. His tumour was on the right side of the brain, so I'm guessing it wasn't caused by a mobile phone. Due to his condition I have come to know a lot of people affected by brain tumours, two 6 year old boys have died this year that I know of, neither were prolific mobile phone users. So, being so closely associated with people with cancer of the brain, would I stop using mobile phones in case I got cancer? No because brain tumours aren't lifestyle tumours.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

UCD Critic, you post the Worst Posts on Boards. I hope you're proud

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Cormac... wrote: »
    UCD Critic, you post the Worst Posts on Boards. I hope you're proud

You've obviously never run into J C.

Advertisement