Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP - Dresses for a hourglass figure?

Options
  • 31-07-2010 4:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I've a very typical hourclass figure. Usually size 12, large chest (30G) , small waist, large bum.

Find it very difficult to get dresses to flatter my shape, what fits at the waist is tight on chest and bum or if it fits at chest and bum, there's usually alot of lose material around the waist.

Anything with a high neckline is very unflattering, find strappless often hard to put off, jersey material usually just makes my waist look even smaller and the rest of me huge in comparison.

Any suggestions? Links of pictures would be great. Mainly looking for going out dresses and some for special occassions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

The dresses on http://www.bravissimo.com/products/clothing/dresses-and-skirts
    are cut to suit a curvier figure.
    hth

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

RayCun wrote: »
    The dresses on http://www.bravissimo.com/products/clothing/dresses-and-skirts
    are cut to suit a curvier figure.
    hth

Sorry that was me! Dh logged in while I was away :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Halterneck dresses are great, though they can be a killer on the back of your neck if you have big boobs!

593045-400x400.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Sound Bite

Thanks guys, especially the Bravissimo link.

Find halterneck dresses very hard ware as difficulty finding underwear in my size to suit. They do work well with my shape so its a pity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭BizzyLizzie

I find some of the asos.com dresses fit quite well and I'd be quite a similar shape to you. Also found (strangely enough!) that the last few dresses that I've gotten in Penneys have fit great :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 bestiaries

What i often do is to buy the dress i want so that it fits my bust, then get a seamstress to take it in everywhere else.

Advertisement