Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf after urostomy

Options
  • 27-09-2014 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭

Looking for advice. Had major surgery a few years ago, was playing off 6 and then after surgery went out to 9. Eventually got back to 5.6 before having to have bladder removed recently. Now I wear a urostomy bag on the side of my stomach. Has anyone here experience of playing golf following this procedure? Does it take long to recover from surgery and get used to bag sufficient to play decent golf? Do you wear a support belt or hernia belt of any description if so what make and where to get it?
    Thanks for any help. Gives 'bagman' a whole new meaning :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Looking for advice. Had major surgery a few years ago, was playing off 6 and then after surgery went out to 9. Eventually got back to 5.6 before having to have bladder removed recently. Now I wear a urostomy bag on the side of my stomach. Has anyone here experience of playing golf following this procedure? Does it take long to recover from surgery and get used to bag sufficient to play decent golf? Do you wear a support belt or hernia belt of any description if so what make and where to get it?
    Thanks for any help. Gives 'bagman' a whole new meaning :cool:

I know a cousin who had the same OP but he doesn't play golf so unfortunately I can't give any advice but just wanted to say fair f**ks to you, its takes serious dedication and skill to do it and I hope you the very best with it.

Dan

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Can't help here either only to say fair play. I'm sure you'll have no problem. My uncle had same op 10 years ago and is still flat out riding & training horses.

My father is going for the same op shortly too. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Dbu

I wish you well OP,
    I am just returning to the game after treatment for Cancer,Chemo and radiotherapy.
    My golf is terrible now but I don't really care anymore, different priorities and all that.

Advertisement