Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tablet to TV

• 05-08-2013 7:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭

I bought my gf the CnM 8DC-16 tablet today and a mini HMDI cable with the hopes of hooking it up to our tv.
    We have a LG 22" Full HD tv, so shouldnt be a problem, right? Wrong.

Im having trouble getting the picture from the tablet to show on the TV.

Ive tried different sequences of turning tv on, plugging hdmi cable in, then turning tablet on, and various other sequences, but none seem to work. At normal the tv will show "No signal", and the best ive had it was the message changed to "check signal cable", and also got the screen to go black and then a message of "power saving mode" appears after a few seconds.

Anyone have any experience with this? What am I doing wrong?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Tablet must not support hdmi output.

Maybe try looking for a mhl adapter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭Jacovs

It has a mini HDMI output, it is advertised as one of the features of the tablet. On the CnM website itself they market the tablet with the following line "The CnM TouchPad 8 White comes with HDMI out to watch all your films or play the latest games on your TV".

Some phones require you to have it charging while using HDMI for it to work. Have you tried plugging it into the mains at the same time?

No, have not tried or thought of that, thank you. Will try it and report back.

Also in Settings -> Display, is there a HDMI option? And is it ticked?

• Advertisement

Yup its ticked. Theres a few different resolutions to choose from too, but I know the tv is 1080p, just not sure if 50hz or 60hz. Tried both before but didnt work. Still have to try what you suggested once I can wrestle it off the gf.

Happy to report that plugging in the power source resolved the issue.
    What I noticed is when I tried it before the HDMI cable didnt go in all the way, even though I tried, so I figured it must be as far as it goes, still had a 1-2mm gap between the tablet and cable though. Now with the power source connected the cable slipped all the way in easily.
    Cheers for the help.

Advertisement