Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What phone to go for next???

• 01-08-2013 1:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭

I know its a bit early, but my contract with Meteor will be up around April next year.....

Wondering what is in the pipe-line for around then next year regards Andriod phones? I have an S3 at the moment and bar the battery I bloody love it!!!

I'm hoping the major strides will be made in wireless charging by the time my contract is up and whatever is on the market then will have much improved battery life...

Am I hoping for too much?

Suggestions welcome on what to keep an eye on ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ITstudent1213

I know its a bit early, but my contract with Meteor will be up around April next year.....

Wondering what is in the pipe-line for around then next year regards Andriod phones? I have an S3 at the moment and bar the battery I bloody love it!!!

I'm hoping the major strides will be made in wireless charging by the time my contract is up and whatever is on the market then will have much improved battery life...

Am I hoping for too much?

Suggestions welcome on what to keep an eye on ;)

Samsung galaxy s5 should be out around then. No doubt battery life will be something they will improve upon.

You could buy a spare battery for your s3 in the meantime

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

All the new flagship devices will be out around that time most likely. Far too early for specifics or even accurate speculation yet. My guess would be more of the same, only faster and better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

nexus 4 (5) whichever is available at the time. Best ever!!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭skybhoy121

anyone know if the samsung fame is any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

If you love the S3 bar the battery, you should take a look at the Note 3. Basically will be a bigger S4 with a monster battery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Keno 92 wrote: »
    If you love the S3 bar the battery, you should take a look at the Note 3. Basically will be a bigger S4 with a monster battery.

Yes... the Note 3 right now is top of my list, just want to see what else I could possibly be missing out on come next year...

Maybe some phone will have that one feature that will swing it for me!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

I'm also holding off for the Note 3. I'm due my upgrade over a month now and it took all the will power I had not to go for the S4 or S4 Active.
    Roll on September!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

I'm also holding off for the Note 3. I'm due my upgrade over a month now and it took all the will power I had not to go for the S4 or S4 Active.
    Roll on September!

The girlfriend go the s4, I couldn't justify selling my s3 and shelling out for an unlicked one or something....

Just not enough of an improvement for me.

Any other alternatives? Anything in the pipleline for next year even?

Advertisement