Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good mens haircut.. Where??

Options
  • 12-02-2008 12:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hey,

Was wondering if any of you guys could tell me where is the best place to get a reliable haircut (Dublin), also does anybody know if there are , if any, top of the range men's only hairdressers? not barbers.

Cheers

Sosh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭andyred

Try The Merchant Barber in Temple Bar just on the corner through the arch, I think they do a good cut!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

andyred wrote: »
    Try The Merchant Barber in Temple Bar just on the corner through the arch, I think they do a good cut!

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Wait, I thought he didn't want a barbers? If you're getting a razor anywhere, go to a barbers. But if you're getting it cut for a style that needs a scissors cut, go to hairdressers. I get mine done by a girl called Sara in House of Color on Abbey St, its full of oul wans but they give u GQ and coffee :D

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Deflector

Is it the done thing to ask a barber for a specific style and how they might achieve it - other than how they mould gel onto your head? :rolleyes:

Really, I have found so many barbers here to be so incompetent in this respect - not remotely like those you see described online in the UK or US, that actually know what they're at and setting out to achieve a particular look, asking the client questions to clarify their intentions.

I'll try the Merchant next time. Most just don't seem to realise that some of us only have a few years left till styling becomes the least of our concerns!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

The Men's in the Stillorgan shopping Centre is IMO very good, and I know alot of people who go there too.
    May not be what your looking for either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Limousine Fred

Hey I know this thread is really old but have any of you found a good mens hairdressers in dublin city centre area. Went for an expensive cut in lunatic fringe a few months ago and got same old short backand sides even when I asked 4 it to be styled.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Bedford Stuy in Temple Bar. Niall will sort you out. Go when its quiet and he'll be happy to talk you through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

My boyfriend went to the Grafton Barber when he still had long hair and they never scalped him like other places have done.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Limousine Fred

Cheers guys will check em out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 henryhenry1

andyred wrote: »

+1 for style or razor cut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭barochoc

Guys, one of the best cuts around is Sams Barber on the north side of the quays beside the millenium bridge.

Hair washed, tea tree oil head massage, great cut, hot towel afterwards & even a refreshing apple juice drink at the end.

€25 if I'm right. You'll need an appointment most days as they're always busy.

You can head out on the town straight after as you'll have no hair down your neck etc :D

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Tears in Rain

wixfjord wrote: »
    Bedford Stuy in Temple Bar. Niall will sort you out. Go when its quiet and he'll be happy to talk you through it.

Second this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Beonce

My BF has used Khaki in Tallaght ( I go there too) and they've always done a lovely job, nice and choppy :-) Its not male only though.

I've also heard people say good things about merchant barbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

wixfjord wrote: »

Anyone got a contact number for these guys?

EDIT: Found them - 016708851

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

Went to Bedford Stuy last night yesterday.

One of the best haircuts I ever got. Very friendly. Very quick. Pretty cheap too.

Massive thumbs up.

Advertisement