Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a family member a cheap and cheerful laptop?

Options
  • 05-11-2008 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    Family member wants to try and get a decent'ish laptop for under 500eur

Very basic use:
    College work (no graphics, almost all typing etc)
    Browsing online
    All the typical basic stuff

I don't know if it's a desktop replacement or for pure portability, so i'm going to go with something inbetween - don't want something huge, but no need for something ultraportable

OS aint important, but something with XP drivers readily available would be nice because i'm going to format Vista as soon as I get it and install XP

Many thanks folks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

dell vostro a260 (i think) 299euro ex vat and del easy on the pocket and should be perfect for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,760 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Is that Dell model like some of the others, ie pre-order, assembly and 2/3 three week wait, or can it be bought off the shelf?

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

Is that Dell model like some of the others, ie pre-order, assembly and 2/3 three week wait, or can it be bought off the shelf?

Yep there is a two week delay on this model according to the Dell site.

Advertisement