Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Micra Engine Problem

Options
  • 30-06-2008 8:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

is this associated with a strong smell of petrol normally. My battery died, and decent size cloud of grey smoke on start up, followed by white smoke. I've been smelling petrol all week.

It was serviced only 3 months ago, '97 micra 1 litre.

edit: new thread created. 3 year old threads should stay asleep!

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,976 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I don't think the battery dying is related to the grey and white smoke or the petrol smell.
    Check your oil level and also look under the oil filler cap - any sign of something like mayonaise? What does the coolant look like?
    What does the car sound like when ticking over?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

Sounds like a flooding problem to me. Maybe an injector jammed open or something? Is it more difficult to start, hence flattened battery? Whatever, I'd say it's a job for a mechanic unless you have the means of checking injectors.

Advertisement