Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

shoesssss

• 09-11-2005 12:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

hii. quick question, does anyone know of a brand or style of shoe that can make your feet look smaller?? especially flat shoes, since im small im paranoid bout my feet..!! unless im wearing baggy jeans over them.. im grand with high heels but need a nice pair of casual flat shoes that dont look big !!!!!

need help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

clogs?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Anything with a bit of a thick sole and slight heel will make your feet appear smaller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

A nice pair of chunky skate shoes will make your feet look small :). They must be chunky though, and skate shoes are the most comfortable format of shoe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭EvilPixieOne

A nice pair of chunky skate shoes will make your feet look small :). They must be chunky though, and skate shoes are the most comfortable format of shoe.

Agreed. Skater shoes work, and boots can also be good, as they take the emphasis off the foot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'm of the opinion that skater shoes make feet look bigger! Sorry to all the fans out there.

Go for a narrow style shoe, maybe something that's open in front, like a mary-jane. An expanse of material can make feet look bigger, whereas a cut-out detail won't

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Yeah, get cute dainty little shoes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭NoDayBut2Day

dudara wrote:
    I'm of the opinion that skater shoes make feet look bigger! Sorry to all the fans out there.

Yeah, I thought that too... as for shoes making feet appear smaller... I really wouldn't know...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭catspring

the skate shoe thing:
    because the shoes are so wide and chunky it does kinda make them look shorter. it might put emphasis on the wideness, but it's obvious that's it's the shoes that are wide, not the feet
    not so sure about a narrow shoe either though, it would only highlight length in my opinion.
    something chunky, boots or even wearing trousers with a bootcut might help.
    to be honest soph, i'm guessing your feet probably don't look big to other people. i used to think mines were massive when i was at school cos i was always looking down upon these horrible black school shoes, but they're actually fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭soph

cheers guys... will give the open toe a go although, not sure how well they will cope in the irihs winter.. il haev to opt out with the skate shoes, as i need something a little less casual.. thanks anywayss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

my feet went from a 7 to a 6 :eek: so im happy!!

to OP id say stick to something with a bit of a heel

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

to OP id say stick to something with a bit of a heel

how did ya get them down a size?

dunno but went shopping last week, n my feet were fittin a 6! plus i lost a wee bit of weight enough to let me buy size 12 jeans for the first time ever :eek: !! and i was in a few shops so it wasnt just pot luck :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

soph wrote:
    hii. quick question, does anyone know of a brand or style of shoe that can make your feet look smaller??

Take your pick from these, if you think you can walk in any of them!!!

http://www.intercuts.com/html/shoes.html

wow how do they walk in them?? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Easily! Pressure on the ball of your foot, move your leg from the hip, not the knee, roll your pelvis with every step, place one foot in front of the other and place your foot down in a heel-toe motion.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭eefs

SexyD4Lady wrote:
    Easily! Pressure on the ball of your foot, move your leg from the hip, not the knee, roll your pelvis with every step, place one foot in front of the other and place your foot down in a heel-toe motion.
    Ye learnt that from Bart Simpson, dintcha? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I went from a size seven to a five and a half ...:v: YAY:v:
    ...only prob is it can be hard to get that size!

OP round or squared toe shoes make feet look smaller, avoid court shoes [pointy toes] as they make feet look big. Anything with a heel usually there can be exceptions!!

Advertisement