Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

converting bathroom to bedroom advice.

Options
  • 19-10-2014 3:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

We are thinking of converting our 3rd bathroom to a 4th bedroom, but would prefer to keep costs down by doing it ourselves.

Is it doable or would we be mad to mess with the plumbing?

What would you use to seal off the toilet, sink and bath securely?

We won't be moving so not worried about re sale.

Any tips would be great thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭eoin1539

I'd say it would be a bit of a pain to do but if you really wanted to I'm sure you could.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

Not a problem for a plumber to blank off pipes under floor level.
    Sewer pipe can be cut off at the wall and internal expanding plug fitted, type that are used when pressure testing sewers. Failure to get that correct will smell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Get a plumber in to blank everything off as already said, they will have the skills and tools/materials to do the job right. If the bathroom furniture is in good condition maybe you sell it on donedeal to re coop some of the outlay. It shouldn't take a plumber any more than a few hours to a day to strip out the plumbing for you in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Bazzazer

Thanks very much. Ill price around. ;)

Advertisement