Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QuarkXPress 6.5 "no longer valid" issue on iMac G5

Options
  • 17-10-2014 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭

Only today when I went to open up my QuarkXpress 6.5 on my iMac G5 (OSX 10.4.11) it wouldn't open, and gave me a message:

"This version of QuarkXPress is no longer valid. Contact Quark for assistance."

I've tried to un-install and re-install and nothing, still the same message rendering my Quark useless.

Anybody any idea about this?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,670 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Set back your system date (be warned - this may cause other issues). You should also contact Quark, but since the software is 10 years old, they might not be too helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Set back your system date (be warned - this may cause other issues). You should also contact Quark, but since the software is 10 years old, they might not be too helpful.

Thanks for that. I again un-installed it and re-installed it.

I changed the date back a year, and hey presto, Quark works.

But then on the net a few websites wouldn't load. I wonder is this because of it.

Is there a list somewhere about what manually changing your date back does to your Mac?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Col200sx wrote: »
    Thanks for that. I again un-installed it and re-installed it.

I changed the date back a year, and hey presto, Quark works.

But then on the net a few websites wouldn't load. I wonder is this because of it.

Is there a list somewhere about what manually changing your date back does to your Mac?
    it would be it would do the exact same thing on a windows machine too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

HTTPS sites would have a big problem with the date change, the certificates would be deemed invalid stopping them from working.

Ken

Advertisement