Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GamesMaster

Options
  • 15-05-2014 5:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭

This was quite good. It had gameplay, reviews, person vs "celebrity" and the "consultation zone" where you ask the Gamesmaster for help when you are stuck in a particular game. Episode below has someone asking about Sonic the Hedgehog secret level in Green Hill Zone 3. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭smilerf

it was great til DD left and Dexter Fletcher took over.. i seem to remenber DD returned in a revamped show but it was cack

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

smilerf wrote: »
    it was great til DD left and Dexter Fletcher took over.. i seem to remenber DD returned in a revamped show but it was cack

Only good thing about it was Jet from Gladiator fame was the GamesMistress who would give cheats / tips and wore a black pvc catsuit!
    That was enough for any teenage boy I think! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I remember they did an "adults only" episode that was screened late one Friday night on Channel 4 and it focused on things like Mortal Kombat type games, Night Trap etc.

I watched it sooooooooooo many times to see all the death moves these random games had.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

It was a revelation to see a TV Show dedicated to the games we were playing. Fond memories of it during the MegaDrive era. Even the idea that they could capture gameplay on a TV screen was impressive at the time (to me, anyway).

I always liked Patrick Moore/The GamesMaster getting snotty with kids asking for advice/cheats on how to get past the early levels on games!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Not Gamesmaster but I have a vague recollection of another show TCC used to have.
    Was only a few minutes long and put people head to head in a few different games with winner staying on until the next match :/

I have also possibly imagined this.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Only other one I can think of is Gamesworld on Sky 1 with Big Boy Barry and other contestants/game players with daft names.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Only good thing about it was Jet from Gladiator fame was the GamesMistress who would give cheats / tips and wore a black pvc catsuit!
    That was enough for any teenage boy I think! :D

Why am I only hearing about this now??!

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Celtic Tiger

Eurogamer had a great article on GamesMaster a while back

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-04-gamesmaster-the-inside-story

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Anyone remember Bad Influence?

Not Gamesmaster but I have a vague recollection of another show TCC used to have.
    Was only a few minutes long and put people head to head in a few different games with winner staying on until the next match :/

I have also possibly imagined this.....

Nope, you're spot on. It was called Head 2 Head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭CPSW

Anyone remember Bad Influence?

That was shown on UTV? Vaguely remember it!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Bad Influence was alright, but for me it didn't have the same style or humour as Gamesmaster

There's loads of both programmes on Youtube, fair play to those who made the effort to record the shows, keep them safe and then upload them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Domonik diamond was the king of double entendres, I only watched some of them recently and can't believe some of the stuff he got away with saying on a kids TV show, its hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Gamesmaster was great. I remember when they invited WCW tag team champs Marcus Alexander Bagwell and The Patriot on to the show. Dominik Diamond agreed to be suplexed by the Patriot. The Patriot was just about to lift Diamond up and Diamond started screaming for his life, "NOOOH DOOOONT!" he starts shouting. I thought it was very funny :D I remember when Dexter Fletcher took over from him. Fletcher was a loudmouth cockney who reminded be of a poor man's Mick Jagger:pac:

I remember Bad Influence on ITV also, especially the baldy guy Nam Rood (Door man backwards:rolleyes:) who used to give out cheats and tips.

Gamesworld on SKY1 was the best though. I always though I was good enough to be one of the "Videators" :) I fondly remember Big Boy Barry and his nerdy friend Leslie Luncheonmeat (David Walliams of Little Britain fame) I also loved Mister Mathers the Megabyte Millionaire, Gary "The Executioner" Harrod and Radion Automatic who both worked for NMS magazine, as did the commentator Tim Boone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I remember this little shy kid on Gamesworld who became the champion. He was unreal at any game they threw at him. Would love a video of him beating everyone.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

What was the name of the show with big bad barry on it? It was on sky 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Ruu wrote: »
    Only other one I can think of is Gamesworld on Sky 1 with Big Boy Barry and other contestants/game players with daft names.

dis. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ruu wrote: »
    dis. :)

Ahhhhhh I didn't see your post :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Does anyone remember what the Irish version called? It was presented by Fr Damo.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Incredibly, the tie in magazine is still going, even though it's fifteen years since the show ended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Whoever created this show and whomever approved it at the time really had their fingers on the pulse of what was happening in teenage/youth culture at the time.

Brilliant show and fair play to Patrick Moore for presenting it the way he did :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,323 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Bits was much more fun as it had 3 hot girls talking games late at night on Channel phwoaaar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Anyone remember Cybernet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Advertisement