Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Persil or Surf Washing Powder Advert from the 1990's

Options
  • 10-02-2014 10:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking for an old 1990's advert for I think, Persil Colour. The advert showed a family of four: father, mother, son and daughter on a sailing holiday aboard their family sailing boat.

The family gathered in the main cabin to have their afternoon lunch but their boat then suddenly got caught in a freak heavy swell and it began swaying about making it absolutely impossible for them to have lunch.

The blonde haired daughter is the first to get her clothes stained when a desert lands in her lap. The husband then causes his wife to spill her drink down her front when he tries to save another plate from falling off the table while he ends up putting the sleeve of his jumper into another plate.

The son laughs and points at the others' clumsiness. But then a number of eggs go flying out of a cupboard and land on his top while he frowns. They all the get up together, disgusted at the mess they've gotten into.

Persil or Surf Colour Washing Powder then saves the day.

I've been trying to find this for a good while now. If anyone else can or does remember this advert please let me know.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭steveone

If anyone has the surf and with Celia in a grass skirt that would be worth a look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Only one I remember from the 90s is the Persil Automatic ad that had yer man who spills the powder all over the floor and has to wear the white shirt. :p Easy to find on youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭WomanSkirtFan8

Ruu wrote: »
    Only one I remember from the 90s is the Persil Automatic ad that had yer man who spills the powder all over the floor and has to wear the white shirt. :p Easy to find on youtube.

Problem solved guys! Found the Surf advert I was looking for there about two weeks ago! Couldn't believe my luck when I did!

Advertisement