Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toys you had as a kid

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭merlie

Sindy - The hair was very heavy for the dolls head and ended up decapitated

Patch ( Sindy's sister ) - It had really thin black hair the one I had.

http://www.petradolls.co.uk/patch_dolls_information_page.htm

Tammy - I barely recall it. It was a Christmas present. I preferred Sindy before she became headless!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPSHkVYdpxw

Tressy - Was a doll I loved very much, she had hair that you could lengthen by pulling her hair from the crown of her head, and it would come out so far. and when you wanted it short, just push it back in.
    This is exactly the Tressy I had: http://www.tressydoll.com/page14.htm

Sindy's Red Car - I remember wanting Sindy's bed as it was gorgeous. I asked Santa for it that Christmas and ended up getting her car instead. I was disappointed to say the least! The care was fun never the less. Here is the little car: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Sindys-red-car-box-1960s-/230643865037

Crolly Doll - Ah yes Millie was one of my most loved dolls. I got her from Santa and it was Santa's last present to me :( I named her after the movie, Thoroughly Modern Millie! She had lovely hair and I used to put her hair in rollers. I even knitted and sewed some clothes for her. I entered my doll into my schools best dolls competition, sadly though I didn't win!

It was great fun being a kid before the age of the electronics, internet, gadgets and gizmo's etc. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I had loads but Street Sharks and my Action Man Moonraker was covered in wear n' tear the amount of time i spent playing with them. Think i still have them somewhere no idea where though.
    5815139105_cd1a69c9c9.jpg
    draft_lens4426352module31278372photo_1241625771DSCF0001.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭tro81

Cool toys, If you love these then you'll love toy fairs. ive compiled a list of upcoming events where you can go down memory lane. You'll find it here on boards under toys and games

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056058054&page=3

or on my face book page TOY FAIRS

oh and heres something i enjoyed
    301308_154125844676937_100002385662970_277110_761806727_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Got this

starbird.jpg

followed by this..

Armatron.jpg

From Santa...

Did I think I was the bees knees or what... :p

Both still in their boxes and both still working..
    Had unbeleivable fun with both...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Got one of these for Xmas when I was about 9 :D hours of fun

tomytronic3d.jpg

tomio.jpg

viewy.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

supernaturals.

when the hologram was the pinacle of western civisation. didnt reeeealy work as an action figure though

Supernaturals.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 toy fairs

wow i feel like an 8 year old again with the cataloge trying deside what i want and how long it will take me to pay for it with my pocket money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Just a few of my toys from the good old days:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I remember those LCD games! My brother had one called "Kitchen Panic" which had plates falling from a shelf and you had to control a little guy catching them and stacking them up, all the time avoiding breaking any. Cats and rats could thwart his efforts. Strangely addictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

Cool thread and brings back a load of good memories...

Here's a few of mine.
    fisher Price as a young lad..
    fpmd.jpg
    fpplane.jpg
    fpmail.jpg
    fppolice.jpg

Crossbows and Catapults...effin awesome :)
    crossbowsandcatapults.gif
    candcsetup.gif

...and to top it off, Action Force!
    Had nearly all the things in this pic and spent an insane amount of time in the sandpit/garden setting up daily battles.
    actionforcetoys.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

smokingman wrote: »

Nice one, I had that too. Great craic altogether, vikings v barbarians if I remember correctly. Fun.

1fc1c1c2db5852e08ffc380475e26336d3c0a6262132e60050c57a8c5161045b.jpg

i loved watching and playing with thundercats. Used to get up early every sat morning to watch it. The toys where cool with the switch on their back that moved their arms. Plus you could make their eyes glow. hope to pick some more up at the weekend at one of the toy fiars

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭starflake

Anyone remember these?!

petite990-.jpg

fisherpricedog.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Yes, I had one of those dogs. If the tail sprang back and hit you by accident the ball on the end of it gave a fair whack. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭DUBACC

When i was a kid the original Star Wars films were being released so we had the model X-wing fighters and Tie-fighters. Used to wage inter-galactic wars all over the house with my brother and i taking turns being the eveil empire!! :D The x-wings went into 'battle mode' with wings forming an 'x' when you pressed on R2D2's head!!

Also, Subbuteo rocked!!! :cool:

For all the kids complaining now about not having a PS3 instead of their PS2 - trying living in a age where an Atari was the best available! The most advanced soccer game was not PES or FIFA but 'World Champioship Soccer' where you had three a side and they all ran in formation. If you wanted to select a more difficult level they just shrank the goals!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

Space Lego!!! By far and away the best toys i had were space lego. If you think you had something better then not only are you wrong but your probably a right bastard too!

d4e4o5g414p3y404x2e4w2q234q2r2h4v5f4042354v2r294x2u2.jpg

this was the first one i got in 84. too young to avoid smashing it on the second day and not being able to remake it

Mcm.jpg

this however was the best! i used to daydream about having a real one and driving it into the school and over the teacher! :D

edit: ok that didnt work, give me a minute

edit: ok

the only thing better was Castle lego:D, me and my bro had everything they did except the prison cart. just couldn't find it anywhere. it was cool cos we all had a castle and used out catapults and siege weapon to take each other down

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭-Kenny-

Got hours on Entertainment out of this
    tumblr_lj2jhfxBbf1qin9dao1_400.jpg
    oh and this
    tumblr_l5wy4h2sSj1qahoubo1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Can't beat Rock 'em Shock 'em

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xV7cx4cQOuU

They had them for sale again in Tesco again a few months ago, brought back memories but resisted the temptation to purchase, they looked a bit too new !

And the auld Sinclair ZX81 - Brillo

http://www.old-computer.de/comp/einzcomp/zx81.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

-Kenny- wrote: »
    Got hours on Entertainment out of this
    tumblr_lj2jhfxBbf1qin9dao1_400.jpg
    Same here, my dear friend. Same here. God, those were the days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭merlie

I used to have a Crolly doll called Millie. Sindy and sindy's sister Patch. Tri-ang was big when I was little and I used to get some stuff from them I had a Pedigree pram and also a go-car ( now known as a buggy )
    Matchbox toy houses or shops.
    I used to majorly into board games and I recall having a Mission Impossible game, as well as Monopoly.
    Spirograph was something else I used to have. Back then, it used to come with cardboard that you would put your paper on and then use the pins ( not very safe to have but it was the days before the regs and safety came in ) to keep the paper steady.
    Clackers, bright sugar pink ones. God I used to hurt my knuckles with them.
    I remember wanting Sindy's bed from santa but instead I got Sindy's red sports car! Meh! I still think the bed was loads nicer. Bad Santa! Hee hee!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Pineappletree

I always wanted either the Big Red Funbus or the Big Yellow Teapot! But got a big pumkin which was kinda the same idea..... I LOVED IT!!! Anyone else know what I'm talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I always wanted either the Big Red Funbus or the Big Yellow Teapot! But got a big pumkin which was kinda the same idea..... I LOVED IT!!! Anyone else know what I'm talking about?

Ah yes, I got the Big Red Funbus one Christmas, was absolutely obsessed with it. I even used to bring it to school.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭G S R

ratmouse wrote: »
    Remember Stickle Bricks? Not sure if you can still get them.

50268_91184782678_3924534_n.jpg&t=1&h=78&w=104&usg=__cz0S0Rut0lECioz-b6uWIxC6ebU=

I was listening to fix it Friday on today fm last week and they mentioned these. I couldn't picture them at all until I seen your pic. These can still be got online. From what they said on the radio, the original company no longer makes them. They pulled the whole product range a few years back due to faulty bricks that caused a choking hazard in children.

There were savage :)

smokingman wrote: »
    Cool thread and brings back a load of good memories...

crossbowsandcatapults.gif
    candcsetup.gif

Best game of all time that thing! Wish I still had mine as there was such satisfaction from lobbing a plastic disc across the room to destroy a castle :)

crossbows_catapults.jpg

Hero Quest also deserves a mention, its why I love RPG games now.

hero-quest-board-game.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

i had one of these: Sally Secrets

3369892927_69b3570816.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 39 The_Wexican

littletikes_cozy_coupe_ii_car.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

DreamPhone, was deadly! and Omg, flashback about Sally Secrets!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

All hail the Bog Rocket!
    mantacom011.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

fV4BHK3.pngmHzZOgxXspG_RW9UH-GA7wA.jpg

I got the exact above pictured bucket of lego for Christmas when I was about 5 or 6 and loved it so much. I spent hours making things. I got a few of the little sets with the little lego men etc in them over the years, but only ever had the one bucket of lego! I can still remember the plastic smell off the box quite distinctly.
    I'm quite sad it got lost somewhere over the years. I would quite happily while away the time playing with lego now!

My dizzy bear, which I got when I was about 4 was much loved- the Nosy Bears were SO eighties!! I enjoyed her spinny nose. :D
    I think she is still in my attic.

I'm still angry with myself for leaving behind my beloved commodore 64 in the shed when I moved house a few years ago. Idiot!!

Advertisement