Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PVC Windows/Doors in Waterford

Options
  • 08-10-2007 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I am in the process of getting quotes together for PVC windows and doors in Waterford. Still haven't got all the quotes in yet but was hoping to get peoples opinions on different suppliers. So far I have met with Senator, Bonmahon Joinery and Weatherglaze.

Bonmahon are probably going to be the most expensive but they have a good reputation as far as I know. Does anyone have any experience with suppliers in the Waterford area as regards who to avoid or who is good.

I have seen a few bad comments regarding Senator on this site but not Waterford specifically.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

lynxbct wrote: »
    I am in the process of getting quotes together for PVC windows and doors in Waterford. Still haven't got all the quotes in yet but was hoping to get peoples opinions on different suppliers. So far I have met with Senator, Bonmahon Joinery and Weatherglaze.

Bonmahon are probably going to be the most expensive but they have a good reputation as far as I know. Does anyone have any experience with suppliers in the Waterford area as regards who to avoid or who is good.

I have seen a few bad comments regarding Senator on this site but not Waterford specifically.

Hi, I am also making decision regarding replacing my windows and doors. I met the Bonmhaon and I am waiting for their quotation. I did not enquire anywhere else yet, I am just not sure which way to go. I am looking for good (u)value for money.
    Have you taken the final decision which option you are getting?

Regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 lynxbct

I found Senator the best - dealt with Allan O'Shea in Senator in Waterford and had no problems with them. Have the doors and windows in nearly a year now and so far so good. Getting a garage converted now and will be going back to Senator for windows and doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

We bought PVC windows and doors from Bunmahon Joinery, Elite glass and golden oak finish.

Very good quality and aftersales service.

No experience of the others.

SSE

• Registered Users Posts: 6 lynxbct

Lead time was a major deciding factor for me in the end. Price was comparable between the two. Lead time was 6 weeks with Senator but 10-12 weeks with Bonmahon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

We bought PVC windows and doors from Bunmahon Joinery, Elite glass and golden oak finish.

Very good quality and aftersales service.

No experience of the others.

SSE

How are they perform in terms of thermal insulation? Is the Elite glass any good?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭bakerbhoy

lynxbct wrote: »
    Lead time was a major deciding factor for me in the end. Price was comparable between the two. Lead time was 6 weeks with Senator but 10-12 weeks with Bonmahon.

I got mine recently from bunmahon .More than happy with the service I don't know where you got your 10 - 12 weeks from . Lead time was less than 6 weeks. Sure you don't work for senator !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Total20

Hi im in the process of pricing windows for a 3000sq ft build just wondering has anyone had any experiences buying windows lately they all talk the talk but want someone with good rep behid them wer spending a fortune on
    Insulation dont want to lose the heat out through poorly fitted windows

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭specialized105

o gorman windows in monaghan is wer a lot of window installers in dublin get their windows made up as far as i mknow i think there the cheapest around,u can email/fax in the sizes ect and they will quote u

o gorman windows in monaghan is wer a lot of window installers in dublin get their windows made up as far as i mknow i think there the cheapest around,u can email/fax in the sizes ect and they will quote u

Thanks new to this ill give them a try im also pricing in poland the quality and price is difference is amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

I'd recommend to stay away from Bonmahon Joinery. Window build quality poor with unexplainable mistakes, poor installation, poor service. Got windows and doors installed by them, nearly everything had at least 1 problem and most still do over 1 year later.

• Advertisement

spix wrote: »
    I'd recommend to stay away from Bonmahon Joinery. Window build quality poor with unexplainable mistakes, poor installation, poor service. Got windows and doors installed by them, nearly everything had at least 1 problem and most still do over 1 year later.

What kind of problems are we talking about with them have they not come back to sort them out at all?

I have my windows in over two years went with munster joinery because they beat everyone on price we put our heart and soul into the house and our only regret is the windows some have warped handles are loose on others and now we have a leak in our bay window service man has been out numerous times and now we are being fobbed off if only we had our time back please dont be fooled by the price as we were im sure there are lots of other reputable companies out but munster joinery certainly is not one of them

Advertisement