Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Strike

Options
  • 22-01-2015 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, now everyone is home at the moment, I was just wondering what you guys, as students, feel about the strike today?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Don't really care tbh. I heard that there's already plans for another strike so another day off :D

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

Not really bothered about the strike, although I'd have actually preferred if it hadn't gone ahead seeing as all of my teachers seem to think that I'm going to spend the whole day studying their subject and have each given about two hours of homework.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭is mise spartacus

I am extremely annoyed by the strike. I agree with the reasons why they are striking however I believe accommodations should have been in place for leaving cert students. We have mocks to prepare for, orals, projects and curriculums to complete. I honestly would rather be in school getting more covered than staying at home studying. Just my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭dalta5billion

Fully support teachers striking over this. 100% independent external assessment is essential to make students realise real world consequences rather than blaming everyone else for their problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

I support the reason for the strike. I do not support the teachers giving us a load of work and one telling us "now you're not to go off shopping tomorrow"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭The_N4sir

I dont really mind since I can get a good bit of study done. However I do support their reason. I wouldn't have liked 40% of my JC being corrected by some of my teachers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

The_N4sir wrote: »
    I dont really mind since I can get a good bit of study done. However I do support their reason. I wouldn't have liked 40% of my JC being corrected by some of my teachers.

This. Even subconsciously teachers would try to mark down the troublemakers or whatever. Plus imagine the amount of calls and meetings there'd be with parents because "you gave my Jimmy a C when I know he's an A little boy and you're just out to get him!"

Advertisement