Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP!!! ART PORTFOLIO!!!!NCAD!!

Options
  • 29-01-2015 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

hello ladies and gents.
    i have a few questions in regards to the portfolio submission on 6th feb.
    please help me to resolve these questions.
    appriciated!.
    1. is there a request size for the sheet/paper to use to do the portfolio brief (mind maps etc)?

2.should the portfolio brief be separated in individually paper folders or can be drawn on the note books aswell?

3. is it ok if the notebook has nothing in related to the brief?

4.will i be penalised if i dont complete the brief or half completed.

5. how many sheets are you looking for in the notebooks /?

6.how many places are availible in the fine art and design course?

7.is final piece (final design) required for the brief (the ones with themes)?

8.i applied to few other course that has the same portfolio deadline,what should i do on the day 6th feb?

thanks very much and looking forward for respond!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Forart14

fongcy wrote: »
    hello ladies and gents.
    i have a few questions in regards to the portfolio submission on 6th feb.
    please help me to resolve these questions.
    appriciated!.
    1. is there a request size for the sheet/paper to use to do the portfolio brief (mind maps etc)?

2.should the portfolio brief be separated in individually paper folders or can be drawn on the note books aswell?

3. is it ok if the notebook has nothing in related to the brief?

4.will i be penalised if i dont complete the brief or half completed.

5. how many sheets are you looking for in the notebooks /?

6.how many places are availible in the fine art and design course?

7.is final piece (final design) required for the brief (the ones with themes)?

8.i applied to few other course that has the same portfolio deadline,what should i do on the day 6th feb?

thanks very much and looking forward for respond!

1. The portfolio should be A1 size (i think) and should have around 14 or more pages for NCAD. (Again I could be wrong but it's in and around this number)

2. Each theme and task should have its own page so..
    •SECTION A: two sheets, one for each theme.
    •SECTION B: 4 sheets, two for each dismantled item.
    •SECTION C: 4 sheets, two for each cross over.
    •SECTION D: 4 sheets, two for each task.

3. For NCAD you MUST have at least one notebook related to the brief. They want to see your way of thinking and how you come up with your ideas. They can be scribbles and sketches! You could prob also include another notebook for life drawings/still life's/photographs.

4. They can't mark you unless you have all of the tasks at least attempted. So I'm pretty sure you need at least 14 sheets related to the brief in some way or another.

5. A notebook can be any decent size sketchbook for easons or what ever. :)

6. Everyone enters NCADS core year and after that selection into courses at the end of 1st year are decided. So you apply to whatever you want to degree in!

7. Not sure what you mean? Sorry!!

8. Feb 6th get your portfolio signed by a teacher/principal whoever and cao number on and bring to Ncad! I don't think any other college in Ireland has a submission day on that date?

If you have any other questions pm me :)
    And good luck are you nearly done?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 fongcy

Forart14 wrote: »
    1. The portfolio should be A1 size (i think) and should have around 14 or more pages for NCAD. (Again I could be wrong but it's in and around this number)

2. Each theme and task should have its own page so..
    •SECTION A: two sheets, one for each theme.
    •SECTION B: 4 sheets, two for each dismantled item.
    •SECTION C: 4 sheets, two for each cross over.
    •SECTION D: 4 sheets, two for each task.

3. For NCAD you MUST have at least one notebook related to the brief. They want to see your way of thinking and how you come up with your ideas. They can be scribbles and sketches! You could prob also include another notebook for life drawings/still life's/photographs.

4. They can't mark you unless you have all of the tasks at least attempted. So I'm pretty sure you need at least 14 sheets related to the brief in some way or another.

5. A notebook can be any decent size sketchbook for easons or what ever. :)

6. Everyone enters NCADS core year and after that selection into courses at the end of 1st year are decided. So you apply to whatever you want to degree in!

7. Not sure what you mean? Sorry!!

8. Feb 6th get your portfolio signed by a teacher/principal whoever and cao number on and bring to Ncad! I don't think any other college in Ireland has a submission day on that date?

If you have any other questions pm me :)
    And good luck are you nearly done?

im abit confuse with the notebook in relation to the brief.
    my ideas etc are on the tasks sheet so what should i have in the notebook?
    i mean... there are no mention of a final design e.g a poster or screenprinting of it?
    thanks! need to fill in one notebook! thanks for helping!>

im abit confuse with the notebook in relation to the brief.
    my ideas etc are on the tasks sheet so what should i have in the notebook?
    i mean... there are no mention of a final design e.g a poster or screenprinting of it?
    thanks! need to fill in one notebook! thanks for helping!>

I'm kind of confused. What themes did you pick? And how many pages do you have so far? :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 fongcy

hi i have around 3mindmaps,2items dismantled, 1crossover ideas, and 2x inventions for the last task.
    i dunno wat to put into the breif notebook...
    i like to do the mindmaps should i get more marks if i trie more themes on the mindmaps?
    i like my notebook to be neat and clear.
    no rough sketches or rough work.
    all in colours and toning.so it would be hard for me to fill in the whole notebook when i need time for the effort that i put in.
    what should i do ? have about 20pages in my notebook filled in my own drawings
    thx again

hi i have around 3mindmaps,2items dismantled, 1crossover ideas, and 2x inventions for the last task.
    i dunno wat to put into the breif notebook...
    i like to do the mindmaps should i get more marks if i trie more themes on the mindmaps?
    i like my notebook to be neat and clear.
    no rough sketches or rough work.
    all in colours and toning.so it would be hard for me to fill in the whole notebook when i need time for the effort that i put in.
    what should i do ? have about 20pages in my notebook filled in my own drawings
    thx again

That's great you have so much done! Ncad don't want to see a sketch book to be neat and tidy I reakon , it's called a 'sketch' book because it's supposed to be your though process and how you broke down your ideas for the brief. I know this can be sooo hard but try get a sketchbook and scribble thoughts and ideas REALTING to the brief. And you can also include your other sketchbook. They can't mark your own individual sketchbook if it has nothing to relate to the brief. It doesn't have to be all sketchs or drawings you can include write and how you came up with iteas for your objects and that :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement