Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Purchase Order to Invoice Paid (GL Entries)

Options
  • 18-09-2015 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm mapping out the GL flow of debits and credits for a purchase to pay process. Can anyone tell me what the typical Dr/Cr entries would be for the following steps (and at which point does the commitment become an actual)

1. PO Raised
    2. Good Received
    3. Customer Invoice Received
    4. Invoice Paid

In particular i'm interested to see how 1. & 2. hit the balance sheet for people? I have it mapped out myself but not 100% sure i have it right?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

Fishyfreak wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm mapping out the GL flow of debits and credits for a purchase to pay process. Can anyone tell me what the typical Dr/Cr entries would be for the following steps (and at which point does the commitment become an actual)

1. PO Raised
    2. Good Received
    3. Customer Invoice Received
    4. Invoice Paid

In particular i'm interested to see how 1. & 2. hit the balance sheet for people? I have it mapped out myself but not 100% sure i have it right?

If it's a goods PO, no entries for step 1.
    2. DR P&L, CR accrual account
    3. CR creditor account, DR accrual account (reversing second part of step 2)
    4. CR bank, DR creditor account

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Fishyfreak

Great, that's perfect.

I was working under the assumption the raising the PO did create some sort of entry in the Balance Sheet (Dr & Cr) but actually what you've posted is logical and makes more sense.

While raising the PO may raise a "commitment" this does not hit GL but can be viewed in a seperate management report. Now agreeing this logic to the system i'm working on is the next battle, not entirely sure that this is what happens there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ASOT2012

2. Good received - DR Inventory CR GRNI (goods received not invoiced)

Raising a PO may not generate a commitment. It depends on when the risks and rewards of the goods have transferred to you

Advertisement