Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE September 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 207black

Hi, can someone please post the Galway timetable core and tax elective please.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 43 TAA_ICAI

Hey,

Could someone please PM me the core timetables for Dublin excluding group 6?

Thanks in advance :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

Anyone have any thoughts on the tower Case - good / bad / indifferent?

Felt that the first 2 indicators were very similiar - don't think i would have spotted there was 2 related to that topic.

The Auditing one was very straight forward, and the Bank Finance indicator wasn't too bad once you realised it was the indicator!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭yourhero

Anyone have any thoughts on the tower Case - good / bad / indifferent?

Felt that the first 2 indicators were very similiar - don't think i would have spotted there was 2 related to that topic.

The Auditing one was very straight forward, and the Bank Finance indicator wasn't too bad once you realised it was the indicator!

Is the solution wrong? The way I am reading appendix 2 they are 600k overdrawn. I.e. they were 3.875 overdrawn and the movement in the period was 3.275 => 600k overdrawn!

Overall didn't think the first 'Step' would be of this difficulty but it's good to get a gauge at this stage.

yourhero wrote: »
    Is the solution wrong? The way I am reading appendix 2 they are 600k overdrawn. I.e. they were 3.875 overdrawn and the movement in the period was 3.275 => 600k overdrawn!

Overall didn't think the first 'Step' would be of this difficulty but it's good to get a gauge at this stage.

yes i read it as they are €600k overdrawn - does the solution contradict this?

• Advertisement

A piece of advice...if anyone is planning on a good nights sleep I suggest keeping away from the presentation by the CASSI chair. When she starts going through her folder there is one photo she took of her tabbed books. I swear she either completely blew her company's annual budget on stationery or she helped the local Eason's manager get his yearly bonus....
    That one photo has literally scared (& scarred) me.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Melon head

Could any put up the tax elective timetable for Dublin? OR pm me? please..

• Registered Users Posts: 3 fae2015em

Hey Guys

Can you please post the Dublin Core timetables - other than group 6 - please

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Debs23

Could someone please put the timetable for Belfast tax elective or PM me it?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

• Advertisement

Has anyone found the mayflower case?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 PeteF

A piece of advice...if anyone is planning on a good nights sleep I suggest keeping away from the presentation by the CASSI chair. When she starts going through her folder there is one photo she took of her tabbed books. I swear she either completely blew her company's annual budget on stationery or she helped the local Eason's manager get his yearly bonus....
    That one photo has literally scared (& scarred) me.

Make sure you keep your folders and books well organised well though, it makes a big difference to have your info easily to hand in the exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 BelfastBoy2015

Hi everyone

I am repeating FAE Core this year, I have not looked at anything yet as I am struggling to even open a single case study however I believe the Competency Statement had 'big changes' to it this year. Has anyone found any significant changes or is the general idea still the same?

Dreading having to get back into this muck, any help is appreciated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭womandriver

Has anyone found the mayflower case?

It's the 2013 core comp mock I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Androma1984

Hey,

Repeating the exam this year and have just seen that the AAFRP questions in the new toolkit are all the exact same. Would have been nice to be tested with different ones. It has been updated for 2015 apparently, but haven't seen any difference in the handful of questions i've looked at (construction one included). Anyone seen any examples of updates?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Debs23

Could someone please put the timetable up for Belfast tax elective or PM me it?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Energy Star

Is there any recording available of FR lecture 4&5?

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭m1ck007

Anybody had a chance to look at merlo steps case?? Whats the deal with the email at the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 JoanH

Has anybody had a chance to look at AAFRP from June 2014? Should the solution to Q1.2 not read 37,500 and not 87,500?
    I've sent a query to the institute but still waiting!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Jaii

Can anyone explain to me the solution to the Tracer Case, in Derry Cotter's book, p87, (c). The final journal credits Ordinary Share Capital 400 but I don't understand why. I understand why the bank is debited 800 and the equity reserve 640.

Help is appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 ChartAccount

Hi there
    I am desperately looking for audit notes for cap 2....The accounting grinds scool ones. I have interim exams soon. Would u have a copy. I have psid for grinds but they wont give me notes till classes. But i need them asap.. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Rickamania1

Jaii wrote: »
    Can anyone explain to me the solution to the Tracer Case, in Derry Cotter's book, p87, (c). The final journal credits Ordinary Share Capital 400 but I don't understand why. I understand why the bank is debited 800 and the equity reserve 640.

Help is appreciated.

I assume 8 executives exercised 100,000 shares at €0.50 (nominal value per share)?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Rickamania1

JoanH wrote: »
    Has anybody had a chance to look at AAFRP from June 2014? Should the solution to Q1.2 not read 37,500 and not 87,500?
    I've sent a query to the institute but still waiting!

I think it should be €87,500. SFP Net obligation started with €125,000 and should be €37,500 so the necessary journal is to debit the pension liability with €87,500.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭applehunter

I have the IFRS Standards book for 2012.

Do I need to get an updated version for the upcoming AAFRP?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 shivaan

Hi, I was wondering does anyone know where the AAFRP workshop on Good Friday takes place in Limerick? I'm in the Dublin lectures but was hoping to attend in Limerick instead.
    Thank you!

shivaan wrote: »
    Hi, I was wondering does anyone know where the AAFRP workshop on Good Friday takes place in Limerick? I'm in the Dublin lectures but was hoping to attend in Limerick instead.
    Thank you!

Its taking place in Kemmy Business School in UL Room (KBG16) from 09.30 - 16.30

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mackers87

Could someone put up the Belfast (specifically audit elective, but I think it's included in the overall list) class timetable?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Torres999

Anyone have Audit Elective Time table for Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭prettyrestless

Anyone here doing the tax elective? Our lecturer goes off of his own notes and seems to only cover half the stuff in the slides. Are the slides too detailed or do I need to know everything in them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Cagney87

Hey i sat the tax elective last year and I found just to understand the tax book and attempt the case studies at the back they're really good. The lecturer for us was Sean Arthur he really would go off on tangents more trying to show off what he knows which only kind of freaks you out because you think you will never get to this level but all you need is the C or RC. Just really try to understand the the areas in the elctive book first and then you have to start linking the tax heads together. I never used the notes by the way just the book.

Advertisement