Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE September 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Hey, anyone shed any light on the integrated case days?

As in layout of the day itself? Are we expected to have done work previously?

Feels very early to have them - I barely have notes printed at this point!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dol_tot

Can anyone upload their timetables? Some of the days don't suit me and I want to see if I can swap to another day? I will upload mine now..also does anyone have their elective timetable yet? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14 colint104

Cam someone please put up timetable for Belfast core and audit elective. Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Haylcyp

Hello.

I just wanted to write in this to offer my folders and books from FAE. I originally did the FAEs in 2013, failed the core, and passed in 2014. I made sure to study the relevant areas of the elective even for the repeats to cover me for Audit core.

Anyways, my notes and folders for every subject, with exams papers, Chartered Grind School notes ( used these for technical material for finance and management accounting), AAFRP notes and papers, and any cheat sheets and checklists.

I have every folder indexed and tabd and updated it for my repeats last year (althou v little changed except for tax) with case study and exam paper solutions, CGS notes, lectures and summary check lists that I printed down for every subject from someone who placed the year before me (real good for IMP, BL and Finance).

If you want all of this then PM as they are just collecting dust at this stage. But if you want the folders I prefer if you took it all with you. They are all exactly as I had them in the exam.

I have moved to the US now but will arrange with you to collect these. If not, best of luck with the exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Haylcyp

Hello.

I just wanted to write in this to offer my folders and books from FAE. I originally did the FAEs in 2013, failed the core, and passed in 2014. I made sure to study the relevant areas of the elective even for the repeats to cover me for Audit core.

Anyways, my notes and folders for every subject, with exams papers, Chartered Grind School notes ( used these for technical material for finance and management accounting), AAFRP notes and papers, and any cheat sheets and checklists are up for collection.

I have every folder indexed and tabd and updated it for my repeats last year (althou v little changed except for tax) with case study and exam paper solutions, CGS notes, lectures and summary check lists that I printed down for every subject from someone who placed the year before me (real good for IMP, BL and Finance). I also have all the case studies in folders in alphabetical order labelled. These are marked from doing them myself but might be good to use as an index as so many case studies will be sent around before study leave.

If you want all of this then PM as they are just collecting dust at this stage. But if you want the folders I prefer if you took it all with you. They are all exactly as I had them in the exam.

I have moved to the US now but will arrange with you to collect these. If not, best of luck with the exams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Mike459

Hi Haylcy, I'm interested in taking up your offer of materials. Please PM me. Thanks
    Haylcyp wrote: »
    Hello.

Anyways, my notes and folders for every subject, with exams papers, Chartered Grind School notes ( used these for technical material for finance and management accounting), AAFRP notes and papers, and any cheat sheets and checklists are up for collection.

I have every folder indexed and tabd and updated it for my repeats last year (althou v little changed except for tax) with case study and exam paper solutions, CGS notes, lectures and summary check lists that I printed down for every subject from someone who placed the year before me (real good for IMP, BL and Finance). I also have all the case studies in folders in alphabetical order labelled. These are marked from doing them myself but might be good to use as an index as so many case studies will be sent around before study leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭zenith90

Haylcyp wrote: »
    Hello.

Sent you a PM earlier today on this, feel I would get great benefit from these materials!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Leonie_92

I am doing the Case days in Belfast. I got a timetable from Chartered Accountants but it only shows Belfast Institute with no room number. Is Belfast institute Queens Uni?
    The Case Study is Lee on 17th January, is this correct?

Could someone upload a timetable which shows the room numbers for the Belfast Integrated Case Study days please?

Also what do we need to bring to these case days?

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭m1ck007

The Belfast Institute is actually the Institute of Charterd Accountants on Linenhall Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭yourhero

Dublin APM GRP 1 Dates are up.
    March
    0103 2903
    May
    0905 1705
    June

Not as bad as I thought it'd be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Energy Star

Anyone know when the AARFP workshops are on in Galway and Cork? Not able to make my one in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

Anyone know when the AARFP workshops are on in Galway and Cork? Not able to make my one in Limerick.

Galway not announced yet, and our waffling course co-ordinator hadn't a clue about it when asked at lectures last weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭prettyrestless

The Cork one was at the start of January.

The Cork one was at the start of January.

i believe there are two sessions per district
    Galway first was was ten days ago; second date to be confirmed

• Registered Users Posts: 6 DK92

Does anyone know if the auditing elective timetable is up for Galway yet?

DK92 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the auditing elective timetable is up for Galway yet?

Definitly not out yet, asked lecturer in class yesterday, he didn't have it yet

• Registered Users Posts: 34 SalEB1990

Hi! Due to attend the AAFRP workshop on the 7th March but not able to attend, does anyone knows what other days this is taking place?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

SalEB1990 wrote: »
    Hi! Due to attend the AAFRP workshop on the 7th March but not able to attend, does anyone knows what other days this is taking place?

Theres one in dublin on the 3rd April

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Melon head

Did you see on the student centre, there is a list of review questions under the AAFRP section. Where are the actual questions??

• Registered Users Posts: 17 bualadh bos

Has anyone gone through the first fae steps case-Tower.

There seems to be a focus on finance and cash flows?

What do people think of it?

• Advertisement

Has anyone gone through the first fae steps case-Tower.

There seems to be a focus on finance and cash flows?

What do people think of it?

Yep, very much Finance based.

Think there are a numerous amount of issues in the case, but deciphering these from actual indicators is proving difficult.

There seems to be a lot of corporate governance issues also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mn2015

Hi all, would somebody mind posting up the Dublin tax elective timetable? Many thanks in advance.

APM Galway timetable up online
    No sign of Audit yet

Both Planning & Delivery schedules are up though

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Torres999

Does anyone have the Cork tax elective timetable? Moving jobs to cork

• Registered Users Posts: 19 207black

Hi guys,

I'm repeating both the core and the audit elective this year and I'm just wondering if anyone out there who has repeated these in the past has any tips or hints? Cheers!

Also repeating, core and tax elective... do you intend on attending the revision course?

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭prettyrestless

The cork timetable was updated this week. Just looked at it and at the bottom there are details of the second AAFRP workshop in Limerick, Dublin and Belfast - are we supposed to attend one of these? Why isn't there one in Cork? >:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6 DK92

Could someone please tell me what is involved in the integrated case study days?

Are they useful?

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Torres999

DK92 wrote: »
    Could someone please tell me what is involved in the integrated case study days?

Are they useful?

By far the most useful days

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Yoyo15

Hi all, would anyone be able to put up the Tower Step case- its not coming up on my portal?

• Advertisement

Yoyo15 wrote: »
    Hi all, would anyone be able to put up the Tower Step case- its not coming up on my portal?

PM me your email address - ill email it to you

Advertisement