Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trout and Salmon magazine collection

Options
  • 04-12-2008 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

My father-in-law died recently and was a keen salmon fisherman. We have a collection of his Field and Stream and Trout and Salmon magazines going back to the 1950s.

What should I do with these. It seems a shame to put them in the recycling.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

You would get a buyer for them in the UK.
    I suggest that you search for flyfishing forum in the UK and post a notice and see what comes.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Sorry to hear about your Father-in-law.

That sounds like a very impressive collection, it would be a shame to just recycle it. Just some quick thoughts, if you know of any fishing buddies your father-in-law had, they might appreciate them, similarly if he belonged to a club.

Also, sometimes good condition magazine collections can be worth a decent bit of money, in general anyway, I'm not sure if these particular ones would be. A quick chat with your local auctioneer, could at least point you in the right direction even if (s)he doesn't have any interest. Or even writing to the magazines themselves.

Or if you don't want to sell them, fishing clubs often do raffles/auctions etc either for charity or to develop fishing in their areas. Your local, or your father-in-law's local club would most likely find some way to put them to good use.

Advertisement