Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

help developing idea into a plot

• 13-02-2015 7:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I have an idea and need help?
    Before I start... no hate Im not saying this is a concept but I dont know of any novel thats explored this so here we go,

Its a potential war novel, WW2, but from a German... my ideas are that some of these ideas could be included:

Showing the Allied forces in a different light than taught history decides to,

And/Or

The holocaust did not happen

And/Or
    (This point about WW1) Germany was wrongfully punished for starting a war they didnt start and in WW2 they were taking back their rightful land until Britain started a war against them

Just some ideas, struggling to translate them into a basic plot.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

cian2000 wrote: »
    I have an idea and need help?
    Before I start... no hate Im not saying this is a concept but I dont know of any novel thats explored this so here we go,

Its a potential war novel, WW2, but from a German... my ideas are that some of these ideas could be included:

Showing the Allied forces in a different light than taught history decides to,

And/Or

The holocaust did not happen

And/Or
    (This point about WW1) Germany was wrongfully punished for starting a war they didnt start and in WW2 they were taking back their rightful land until Britain started a war against them

Just some ideas, struggling to translate them into a basic plot.

What?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fuzzytrooper

Alternate history type thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

David Irving surfing Boards for novel ideas... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 257 ✭✭Diane Selwyn

Philip K Dick did an alternate history of WW2 called 'The Man in the High Castle' I haven't read it so can't comment other than it's been recommended to me a few times so its on the list. I actually just read 'The Undertaking' by Audrey Magee (an Irish writer) which presents the battle of Stalingrad and sacking of Berlin from the German POV - not one of my favourite books ever but Magee manages the objectivity well - the scenes of shell-shocked soldiers and those at the front struggling to survive are unusual and quite moving.

I remember as a teenager reading a book called 'Summer of my German Soldier' - aimed at the young adult market but also putting a more human face on the political madness. One of the most heartbreaking anti-war novels you'll ever read is 'All Quiet on the Western Front' - from the German POV but set in WW1.

Of course if your plan is to try and argue that the Nazi regime was merely misunderstood with it's book-burning ways and anti semitic, anti black, gypsy, gay, female, religious, disabled and so on and so forth philosophy I'd say you've taken on an impossible challenge.

Advertisement