Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Replacing radio in corolla

Options
  • 06-10-2014 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭

I need to replace my radio in my 2005 toyota corolla.

long story short the amplifier was blown in it so got it replaced and it didn't last long so not fixing it again, going to go with a radio you can take in and out easily this time rather than something built into the dash

so I guess I need an ISO wiring harness adaptor, and a mount for the radio itself so that I won't be left with a big hole in the dashboard

where can I get these in Ireland other than halfords ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Some motor factors do them. If it's a bricks and mortar shop you are after I think halfords would be your best bet though. They are pretty good when it comes to head units and accessories imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭aidanki

btw anyone got a decent radio for sale ?

limerick clare kerry area cork even

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    Some motor factors do them. If it's a bricks and mortar shop you are after I think halfords would be your best bet though. They are pretty good when it comes to head units and accessories imo.

any names of a motor factors, Ive never come across one selling this type of stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

aidanki wrote: »
    I need to replace my radio in my 2005 toyota corolla.

long story short the amplifier was blown in it so got it replaced and it didn't last long so not fixing it again, going to go with a radio you can take in and out easily this time rather than something built into the dash

so I guess I need an ISO wiring harness adaptor, and a mount for the radio itself so that I won't be left with a big hole in the dashboard

where can I get these in Ireland other than halfords ?

An amplifier does not blow as a result of wear and ear. If you replaced the TDA and it popped again then you have a faulty speaker or wiring to a speaker in your car.

An amplifier does not blow as a result of wear and ear. If you replaced the TDA and it popped again then you have a faulty speaker or wiring to a speaker in your car.

remember testing the resistance of the speaker wiring with a multimeter and it was all good,any other way of testing the speakers or the wiring

speakers always worked perfectly btw

• Advertisement
Advertisement