Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luas Question re split journey

Options
  • 11-01-2013 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right section, but I don't use the Luas much, so just wanted to see what's the best thing to do........in relation to the fare

I have to get from Stillorgan - Dundrum (stop off in Dundrum for a few hours) then head to Stephen's green

My return journey is a direct Stephen's Green to Stillorgan

should I buy a Stillorgan / Stephen's green return, or would I get jip for the hop off at Dundrum for a few hours? Or am I SUPPOSED to buy stillorgan - Dundrum; dundrum - stephen's green; stephen's green - stillorgan???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,290 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You need to complete the first leg of your journey within 90 minutes.

Use a Leap Card.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

A daily cap of €6.40 for adult LUAS travel was introduced http://www.luas.ie/introducing-leapcard-capping.html

• Registered Users Posts: 17,562 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

cjmcork wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the right section, but I don't use the Luas much, so just wanted to see what's the best thing to do........in relation to the fare

I have to get from Stillorgan - Dundrum (stop off in Dundrum for a few hours) then head to Stephen's green

My return journey is a direct Stephen's Green to Stillorgan

should I buy a Stillorgan / Stephen's green return, or would I get jip for the hop off at Dundrum for a few hours? Or am I SUPPOSED to buy stillorgan - Dundrum; dundrum - stephen's green; stephen's green - stillorgan???

In your example, yes you are supposed to pay for three separate journeys.

Stillorgan-Dundrum €1.45 LEAP / €1.60 Cash
    Dundrum - St Stephen's Green €1.80 LEAP / €2 Cash
    St Stephen's Green-Stillorgan € 2.15 LEAP / €2.40 Cash

Total Fare - € 5.40 LEAP / €6 Cash

• Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

The minimum Leap fare is a tenner.

5 to buy and min 5 to top to cover the cost of the journey. Clearly the OP doesn't use the Luas often (if ever) so Leap would not be any cheaper and would just tie up cash.
    you also need to go out of your way to buy one.

Advertisement