Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iMac hard drive failure

• 25-11-2014 9:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭

Hi all the hard drive has failed in my late 2010 27" iMac. Can anybody recommend somewhere in dublin that will do a replacement for me? I have time machine backups of my data if that makes in an easier job? Also what are people's thoughts on changing to ssd while I'm at it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Not sure of anywhere off the top of my head but definitely worth upgrading to an SSD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 262 ✭✭Banta

SSD upgrade is definitely worth it.

If you're in anyway technologically minded, replacing the drive yourself is quite easy. There's a lot of videos online on YouTube of people going through the steps. I followed one earlier this year in replacing the drive. It was quite easy, I must admit.

There's a few place in Dublin that could do it, but I've not used any of them so I can't send on a recommendation for one.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Right Click (http://www.right-click.ie/) on Camden St. put an SSD into my iMac and did a great job. I could never go back after having an SSD in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

CompuB fitted an SSD to our home one in 2012. Excellent service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭macgabhs

Thanks for the replies ended up getting a 250gb SSD & 1tb HDD installed by right-click. Great service with the work all done on the same day. The SSD makes a huge difference the iMac is seriously snappy now!

• Advertisement
Advertisement