Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

10.10.1 is out!

• 17-11-2014 7:36pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Check your Software Update.
    The OS X Yosemite v10.10.1 Update improves the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac. This update:

Improves Wi-Fi reliability
    Improves reliability when connecting to a Microsoft Exchange server
    Resolves an issue that may prevent Mail from sending messages through certain email service providers
    Addresses an issue prevents connecting to remote computers using Back to My Mac
    Resolves an issue where sharing services, Notification Center widgets and Actions may not be available
    Addresses an issue that could cause Notiication Center settings to not be retained after a restart
    Addresses an issue that might prevent the Mac App Store from displaying certain updates
    Addresses an issue that could prevent some Mac mini computers from waking from sleep
    Resolves an issue that might prevent Time Machine from displaying older backups
    Addresses an issue that might prevent entering text in Japanese

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

311 MB on a MBP !

Ken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭Doodah7

311MB for me too. Just took me five minutes from start of download to finish. Don't notice any difference so far...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭dubmick

hope it sorts out the wifi issue

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭huggs2

dubmick wrote: »

It does for me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

dubmick wrote: »

It'd be hard to make it worse...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

We need a new iPhoto to integrate into the iCloud photo (beta)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

We need a new iPhoto to integrate into the iCloud photo (beta)

Photos for Mac with full iCloud integration is due in the new year. Development has ceased on iPhoto.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,509 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Safari's still a bit grouchy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Safari's still a bit grouchy.

Find that to. Have 200MB internet and some times the pages don't even load on Safari while firefox load in less then a sec

Running on a late 2013 Retina 15 inch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Looks like i'll be steering well clear of Yosemite for a while to come, i updated to mavericks almost straight away after it was released and experienced no problems whatsoever.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I haven’t had any issues with Yosemite. It’s one of the smoothest OS X upgrades I’ve experienced, if not the smoothest. I was surprised when I saw the .1 update. It felt like I was already running .1 or .2 and had forgotten all about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

I'm running Yosemite on my mid-2007 iMac and have experienced no issues. I was dropping my Wi-Fi signal from time-to-time but it did that before I upgraded as I recently changed BB provider.

My iPhoto has been disabled though, but I had forgotten that someone told me beforehand that would happen because of iPhoto being integrated into some other software or something like that?! What's the easiest way to resolve this issue does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Kim Kardashi Un

tossy wrote: »
    Looks like i'll be steering well clear of Yosemite for a while to come, i updated to mavericks almost straight away after it was released and experienced no problems whatsoever.

I put it on my MacBook and like it but waiting for some of my critical programs to be Yosemite ready before making the switch on my mac mini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I haven’t had any issues with Yosemite. It’s one of the smoothest OS X upgrades I’ve experienced, if not the smoothest. I was surprised when I saw the .1 update. It felt like I was already running .1 or .2 and had forgotten all about it.

I have to agree. While I've been away from OS X since Lion, I went straight in the Yosemite beta when I got my rMPro a few months ago. I can't say I've ever regretted it. Very smooth and the new iOS 8 features have made it more useful.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,509 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

To be honest, I've never really had any major or even particularly minor hiccups following an OS X update. I went from 10.5 - 10.6, skilled Lion, got 10.8, 10.9 and now this. Still find it a little staggering that a 6 year old machine can take all these. Don't think many other tech companies would bother facilitating that. Safari mostly seems grumpy when I open a new tab, not always...then beachball for a little too long. Can't complain much, tbh.

Haven't fired up my 2007 Macbook in a while. It's on 10.6, might be the odd third party app update for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

Has anybody who got the new update seen an improvement in the wifi aspect of their machine? my MBP keeps loosing connection and the connection is very slow at times with the new operating software

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

10.10.1 seems to have fixed my wifi problem on my 2008 unibody 15".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Anyone running Ableton on yosemite? Any issues?

Advertisement